Madonna Feels Elvis Presley's Spirit Pass Through Her When He Died

According to Madonna's brother-in-law Joe Henry, the Queen of Pop believed that Elvis Presley's spirit pass through her when he died.





Presley died 38 years ago on August 16, 1977, which is also Madonna's birthday.


In case you don't know, Henry is a singer - songwriter who collaborated with Madonna, 57, on the songs "Jump" on "Confessions on a Dance Floor", "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" on "Hard Candy" and "Falling Free" on "MDNA".

In a post at his facebook page Henry, 54, shared: "I have told this tale before, but it bears repeating: when Elvis Presley died on this date in 1977, this upstart professed in real-time that she felt his spirit had passed out of his body and through her own in exodus. I laughed at her then for such outrageous self-possession, at the arrogance that I assumed must allow her to declare such publicly".

Henry met the pop icon back in 1975 when they were both Michigan students at the same school. He had just entered his Sophomore year while Madonna was a Senior. The two were members of the Thespian Society and  once played Mother and Son together in a school play.

Henry revealed: "She was whip-smart and short on patience; and to tell the truth, she scared me more than a little. But along with her sister Paula, her presence upon my landscape nudged open a door through which I would pass and find my life utterly and forever changed.that unusual and sprawling family becoming, years later, my own".

After knowing Madonna for 40 years Henry claimed: "Like anyone, I can sometimes forget to see the flesh and blood/heart and mind behind the parade float that is her public persona. But then I will find myself across the kitchen table from her, sharing a martini, and be additionally shocked to recognize anew the compact, terse-yet-compassionate human at the switches".


Joe Henry is married to Madonna's sister Melanie (born in 1962) since 1987 and they have two children together.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts