Mariska Hargitay Quotes


1. Life begins at 40, and I'm living proof.

2. I have everything I need. Our house is very joyful.

3. When I'm scared of something, it just means I have to dig a little deeper.

4. If I eat clean, I look 10 years younger.

5. I love my curves because they scream: "I'm a mama!"


6. Italian culture is so deeply soaked in an appreciation of the good things in life.


7. Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.

8. Everything has combined to make my life in New York an amazing experience. I told my manager a few years ago that I wanted to move here and try acting in the theater.

9. Your body is not who you are. I don't think women should label themselves based on the way they look. What about defining yourself by a different kind of measurement? What about your heart, your soul, your compassion, your generosity, your strength and your power? There are so many other things to focus on besides your waistline.


10. When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they're pregnant.


11. If something terrible has happened to you, you can find your way back to a life of hope and possibility.

12. When I read the script sometimes, it's like: "Christ! Enough!" I can't sleep at night sometimes. There's the occasional script that just hammers you, that you can't shower off.


13. Sexy is not apologizing for who you are.

14. I think because I became a mom later in life, everything in life means more.

15. You've got to kick fear to the side, because the payoff is huge.

16. As an actress, there were so many months, years even, when I didn't get work, when I wanted to quit.


17. Meisner technique was different than anything I'd ever experienced. It's a really great way to be accountable to your craft and to yourself, but also it takes that kind of focus and dedication to learn anything.





18. Humor is about perspective, and hanging out with people who see life through a similar lens is so important.



19. Golf made me feel like a loser. So I dismissed it.


20. Peter knew how important the foundation was to me, so half of our trip was talking to rape survivors and counselors. That's when I knew I'd married the right guy.

21. I say to everybody: "Adoption is not for the faint of heart."


22. I literally came out of the water and said out loud: "I'm going to start a foundation - and I'm going to get married! I hadn't even met my future husband yet."

23. I think one of the mistakes actors make is we're so focused on what we're going to say.

24. When I was in my early 20s, I had my hair permed. Bad idea! It turned into total frizz. My advice to women is, if you have nice hair already, don't get a perm, leave your hair alone!


25. I want to be a fun mom. Not a gasping for air mom.


26. Of course everyone says they hate baby talk, but mine was not annoying.

27. I'm an L.A. girl who became a tough New York cop.

28. Comedy and humor have always been a part of who I am.

29. The experience of being cared for is profound, and it nourishes the soul as much as the food does the body.


30. It's a new skill to have two children that want you at the same time.




31. To me, the definition of sexy - at any age - is strength and confidence. 




32. I have a more developed sense of my priorities. Life has so much more meaning now.


33. Becoming a parent erased many of my negative childhood feelings and filled them in with something new.






34. When we're on the street and someone drops something, I pick it up.


35. I am proud to be a role model for my viewers. I am finding out that helping victims is as or more rewarding the all the awards I win.



36. My heart just keeps getting bigger and bigger.


37. Yes. I did more research than I ever wanted to and saw some things I wish I didn't. I went on ride-alongs, spent time with Homicide, Cold Case, and SVU detectives, hung out in subways learning how to spot pervs and pick-pockets, viewed an autopsy, went to a police firing range, and witnessed court cases and I read, read, read.


38. I'm a ready-shoot-aim kind of gal.

39. If you stop for one second and do something, everyone is happy. You pay it forward and it comes back to you twelve-fold.


40. Chocolate is the first luxury. It has so many things wrapped up in it: Deliciousness in the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.

41. I definitely have my days where I look like I got dressed in the dark.

42. I think people were expecting me to be that kind of glamorous sexpot. So they were always, Wow you're not what I expected.


43. I realize that you have to show up for your life.

44. When my body is strong, I feel stronger inside. I feel more capable of handling emotional situations. Usually I'm more of a inside-out person, but this was a great case of me from the outside in.

45. It's very difficult leaving the house anytime with my baby at home.

46. I have so much love that I didn't even know about.


47. I was lucky enough to have a father who said: "Don't quit." So I just kept going.

48. Surviving and thriving in the wake of my mother's loss, I learned to believe in God. He has a plan, if you pay attention to the signs. I am inspired by the absolute proof of miracles.

49. Every day is deeper and richer and more soulful.

50. Sometimes things in life happen that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly. Ultimately you can see those as gifts.


51. I get very excited about my double stroller. Every time I look at it, I get a shot of adrenaline and joy because I think: This is real!


52. My weekends are extremely precious.

53. I look at all the things life has allowed me to do, and I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

54. You know how you wake up in the morning and sometimes you look gorgeous and other times you look like you got hit by a mack truck? I realized that my mack truck is food. If I have no sugar, yeast or wine, I have no undereye bags and my skin is perfect.


55. You make sacrifices to become a mother, but you really find yourself and your soul.


56. Having a child changes everything. All of a sudden you have so much to lose, so much to live for.



57. Just smiling at someone walking down the street can make the person's day. It's all about paying it forward.

58. I have a nest egg, and I don't buy above my means.


59. It's a life's journey of finding ourselves, finding our power, and living for yourself, not for everyone else.


60. When you see a girl like me bustin' perps, there ain't no time to be pretty.



61. I am grateful that I didn't let fear get the best of me. It only holds you back from possibilities and greatness.





What do you think of Mariska Hargitay's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts