Steve Perry Quotes

1. What we're focusing on is the images that were in people's minds being replaced by fresh images, to make way for the rebirth of New Orleans. We're showing the other side.


2. There's always a price for what you want.



3. We have focused only on the negatives, and not enough on incredible stories of the human spirit and of rebirth and rebuilding. That's equally important as the tragedy.





4. A whole other generation is coming up to me now - anywhere from 8 to 22 years old - wanting me to sign autographs. They think Journey was awesome.



5. The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance.

6. So many of our graduating class, as I call them, you don't hear from anymore.

7. I have simply said that there's just a side of me that could not judge anybody singing. It's not who I am. I don't want to be that person.


8. With MP3, if they could just download the music from us...there's a lot of positive benefits to it.







9. You can't embrace your whole life if you're shut down. I found out that I can't just run away and shut down. I'm losing the rest of my life doing that.



10. I think the swim teams represent all our kids. They're really hard working. They put in a considerable number of hours, as all swimmers do, into early morning workouts in addition to practices and meets. It's a tough haul.





11. This announces the rebirth of the economics of this city. Tourism and culture: That is what we are.



12. It would be extremely damaging to the NFL as a brand to move this franchise, because you're going to see over the next year the recovery of New Orleans become equated with American patriotism. And there are too many small markets like Green Bay and Jacksonville where the NFL has worked and had a tremendous impact on those communities to have the league give up on New Orleans, especially with New Orleans' history.




13. We have to go through minefields that we have to negotiate just to reach the listener.



14. It's hard because it really limits what you can do.



15. I'm so hard on myself. I play these sketches in my computer for friends and they say: "Gee whiz, the vocal's beautiful." I hear: "It needs to be better."


16. Soon another test would come. He must be ready for it. So he sat, but it was not mindless meditation but mindful scheming that filled him. In a contest like this, there could be no second-place winner. To be second was to be last and to be last here was to be dead.

17. I'm no spring chicken. The same arthritis that ate up my left hip that finally got replaced hasn't stopped there...And touring is a lot of work. I'm impressed when I see people like Eric Clapton out there. Gee whiz, Eric, give me a break! I know it's gotta hurt somewhere.




18. There may or may not be a God or gods; the Siblings do not concern themselves with proving or disproving such a thing. By definition, gods are more powerful than men, and thus quite able to fend for themselves without help.


19. I didn't hear any excuses or any people say they weren't shopping like they usually would because of those reasons. We had a pretty good Christmas. All in all it was a pretty normal year.


20. I'm not willing to jump along and buy a new one each time...I'm not going to fall prey to that.

21. I'm not a big fan of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's just a personal thing, not an ego thing.


What do you think of Steve Perry's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts