Lady Gaga Reveals She Is More Like Iron Maiden Than Madonna

There are many people who believe that Lady Gaga imitates Madonna's music. 









According to a new interview, though, with CR Fashion Book, Lady Gaga, 29, denied the comparison to the Queen of Pop. The issue is not available yet, but Style.com quotes Gaga discussing her one-time nemesis: Madonna.



"I always used to say to people when they would say: "Oh, she's the next Madonna": "No, I'm the next Iron Maiden.""


"They're one of the greatest rock bands in history, in my opinion," Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, said about Iron Maiden, noting: "Some people really don't know the importance of metal and the scope of it. Those guys were filling stadiums, and they still are. And it's because of the culture of the music, the poetry that's so powerful, that whenever the fans come together, they unite in the essence of what Iron Maiden is all about."


Gaga posed for the cover of CR Fashion Book's latest issue, which is set to hit newsstands on September 3. The publication contains images of Gaga in two different wedding gowns, such as a goth-punk black piece underneath which she is rocking an Iron Maiden "The Number Of The Beast" t-shirt.



Lady Gaga opened up about her obsession for Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath back in 2011. She also appeared in shots with Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Alice Cooper and ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante.


Gaga was quoted as saying: "I just saw Iron Maiden on their "Frontier" tour and it totally changed my life. It was my first Maiden experience and I just realized in that moment in the show that that was the kind of artist I wanted to be. I didn't want people 30 years from now coming to see my show to see if I've still got it. But rather I wanted them to be fully unified, fists in the air, wanna hear every song. Iron Maiden's a lifestyle and those fans live and die by Maiden."


Just for the record, there is no Lady Gaga and Madonna beef - at least not any more according to an interview with Rolling Stone.



"And this is why I love the idea of embracing other females who are doing what I'm doing…The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs," Madonna said about Gaga.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts