Brooke Candy Opens Up About Her Collaboration With Sia On "Living Out Loud"

Brooke Candy has teamed up with Sia on "Living Out Loud" and the music video has been released.

Candy, 27, told Noisey: "Initially we met because she said she just wanted to write one song for me, and that turned into: "I'm going to executive produce your first album, help you get a record deal, find you decent, nice, honest management, and help you make the art you want to make from a place of positive mental health and love."

The singer went on: "After that first meeting, she kind of just took over my project - and when I say took over, I mean she helped me fix every aspect of my life."

"The new record we've been working on together has a strong message, but the sound is more polished," Candy was quoted as saying, adding: "I've been describing it as thoughtful pop, like Luscious Jackson meets Smashing Pumpkins meets Madonna. The melodies are clean and bubbly, but the message is real. I want to make music that makes people feel some sort of bliss. That makes people want to spread some sort of love and light onto this planet because I think we're in a sort of dark age and the planet really needs it. I trust Sia, and I think if I can promote my message on a larger scale and I can reach more people just by kind of polishing my sound a bit, there's nothing wrong with that."

"Living Out Loud" is currently available on iTunes.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts