Lady Gaga Admits Her Def Leppard And Bruce Springsteen Influence !

Lady Gaga's dad Joe Germanotta is a classic rock fan and his love of bands like Def Leppard and artists like Bruce Springsteen rubbed off on his pop music-making daughter.



The Sun reports that Gaga even pointed out the Def Leppard influence in her own songs, saying, “With my music there’s lots of really big Def Leppard-style melodies in the choruses but it’s electronic dance music. I’d call it avant-garde techno rock. It is very hard and very edgy.”


Gaga revealed that while she doesn’t make rock, she is not immune to the inspiration that comes from a life surrounded by rock: “There are a lot of rock influences on the album but not that it is rock music. It is an exploration of electronic music and techno songs but I have created a genre of metal/dance/techno/rock/pop music with a lot of anthemic choruses, because that is actually the music I love.”
Gaga even recruited producer Mutt Lange, who produced the Def Leppard’s bazillion selling ‘Hysteria,’ to twiddle knobs for her epic, rock-influenced single ‘You & I.’

image

Gaga has also gushed about the New Jersey treasure known as Bruce Springsteen. “My father used to play his records for me all the time when I was a kid,” she has said.

Papa Germanotta has  beyond doubt a very good taste!

What do you think of it?
Feel free to comment & share this blog post, if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts