Dolly Parton's Statements About The Grammys And Whitney Houston

"I was brought to tears again last night, as I'm sure many were, when Jennifer Hudson sang "I Will Always Love You" on the Grammys in memory of Whitney," Dolly Parton , who originally the song in 1974 , revealed to "Access Hollywood" on Monday.


"Like everybody else, I am still in shock. But I know that Whitney will live forever in all the great music that she left behind. I will always have a very special piece of her in the song we shared together and had the good fortune to share with the world," Dolly's statement continued. "Rest in peace, Whitney. Again, we will always love you."
It has to be mentioned  that  Dolly  Parton originally wrote the song in June 1973 for her longtime partner and mentor Porter Wagoner , achieving her own chart success, hitting #1 twice with the song on the Billboard country charts.

Photos taken by popdust.com, grammy.com

Comments

Popular Posts