James Gandolfini Death: Celebrities React !

Celebrities are taking to twitter to mourn James Gandolfini, who died suddenly at age 51.

The Emmy-winning "Sopranos" star is suspected to have suffered a heart attack, although a specific cause of death has not been confirmed.

Gandolfini's fellow actors and dozens of celebrity admirers are tweeting messages of condolences, respect and reverence for his  career.

Feel free to check out a selection of reactions below.


Olivia Wilde: James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I'm so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day.



Steve Carell: James Gandolfini. Unbelievably sad news. A fine man.

Tom Arnold: James Gandolfini was a great guy. Better actor. I'm sorry for his family.


Christina Applegate: I am so deeply saddened by the untimely passing of sweet James Gandolfini! My heart is broken for his family!! I'm in shock

Jonah Hill: I'm truly heartbroken to hear that James Gandolfini has passed away. He is one of my all time favorite actors. Tragic loss.

Alyssa Milano: Rest in peace, Mr. Gandolfini.


Brooke Burke-Charvet: Life is way too short & precious. So sad to hear of James Gandolfini passing 2day. Prayers for him & his loved ones. So sad at young 51

Lucy Hale: So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. RIP


Marlee Matlin: Shocked at reading about the untimely passing of James Gandolfini. A man of enormous talent. What shocking and sad news.


Johnny Knoxville: James Gandolfini RIP. xo



Albert Brooks: R.I.P James Gandolfini. One hell of an actor.

Rose McGowan: I am heartbroken about James Gandolfini. He was a gentle giant and great man. I love this picture, I loved him.


JWOWW: In tears over James gandolfinis passing.... Wow speechless


Howie Mandel: R I p tony saprano



Jimmy Kimmel: I'm sadder about James Gandolfini than everyone else.

Randy Jackson: rip James Gandolfini. too soon

Scout Masterson: Sad to hear about Gandolfini. He was such a cool guy. RIP.


Colton Haynes: So saddened to hear about the passing of one of my favorite actors, James Gandolfini.




Damien Fahey: James Gandolfini is dead of a heart attack and Dick Cheney is alive and well. So go ahead and remove "karma" from the dictionary.


Leah Remini: R.I.P James Gandolfini. My prayers to his family and friends. He will certainly be missed by us who loved watching him




Will Sasso: Saddened to hear that James Gandolfini has passed. He was as talented an actor as there ever was. I've met few people with as much presence.


Nia Vardalos: Oh James Gandolfini, you left us much too soon.

John Rich: Breaking: James Gandolfini, star of “The Sopranos,” has died. He was 51 years old. Ahh man...he was GREAT!


Jerry Ferrara: James Gandolfini gave us a character and performance that will stand the test of time. Whether he intended too or not. That's what happened




Gavin Rossdale: james gandolfini - so sad. what an incredible actor. more loss. be good to each other. it's all so short.

Melissa Gorga: No...James Gandolfini one of my favorites. RIP. prayers to his family.


Nina Garcia: "Good writing will bring you to places you don't even expect sometimes." R.I.P James Gandolfini


Russell Simmons: Not tony soprano! Damn. Such a good guy and a great actor. James, rest in peace..


Jeff Daniels: RIP James Gandolfini. A great friend.

Rainn Wilson: Arrivederci, James Gandolfini. You were one of the great greats. We'll miss your dangerous, big heart. 


Damon Lindelof: James Gandolfini. You created an icon. And you cut to black way too abruptly. Thank you, and rest in peace.


Michael McKean: James Gandolfini was a terrific actor. This is awful news.



Joshua Malina: R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Shocking.

Busy Philipps: So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. He was such an amazing actor and by all accounts a wonderful person. RIP.


Jonah Hill: I'm truly heartbroken to hear that James Gandolfini has passed away. He is one of my all time favorite actors. Tragic loss.

Lance Bass: So so so sad about James Gandolfini - 51 is way too young.

Harry Shum Jr.: I'm in utter shock…R.I.P. James Gandolfini


Ralph Macchio: RIP James Gandolfini. Terrible news.






Keith Olbermann: Deadline's Gandolfini RIP story. I was told his friend Steven Schirripa heard, left here (Yankee Stadium) an hour ago

Rob Lowe: James Gandoldini gave the greatest performance in the history of television. He was also a kind man. Condolences to his family.


Valerie Bertinelli: So sad.


Bethenny Frankel: Just heard TV icon James Gandolfini has died. I'm shocked. I'm sad. I loved his work. My heart goes out to his family.



Kristin Chenoweth: NO. Not James Gandolfini. He was in my top 5 favorite actors EVER. :(
Sophia Bush: So, so sad. A huge loss for storytellers...RT @nytimes: Actor James Gandolfini, Star of 'The Sopranos,' Dead in Italy


Dule Hill: RIP James Gandolfini. The bar has been set.




Ewan McGregor: Jesus. The world just lost one of its great actors. James Gandolfini has passed away. Thoughts to his family. Such a talent. I'm saddened.

Octavia Spencer: RIP James Gandolfini. So sad!!


Anderson Cooper: Courage, sensitivity, passion, dedication - Broadway Dir. Matthew Warchus describes James Gandolfini who starred in the show God of Carnage




B.J. Novak: James Gandolfini on "Inside The Actors Studio": one of the most inspiring interviews about acting I have ever seen.

Teresa Giudice: So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. My thoughts & prayers are with his wife & kids.


Debra Messing: Heartbreaking news about James Gandolfini...Shocking. HUGE loss. Kind, humble, and a Singular Talent. Rest in Peace.


Susan Sarandon: So sad to lose James Gandolfini. One of the sweetest, funniest, most generous actors I've ever worked with. Sending prayers to his family.

Will Arnett: So saddened by news of James Gandolfini's death. What talent. He shall be missed.


Kathy Griffin: RIP Mr. Gandolfini. If u have 4.5 mins pls enjoy this story about my run in w this GREAT talent

Melissa Joan Hart: Just saw the news and what a loss! #RIP James Gandolfini

Nick Zano: Lost a very talented man. He always gave me the impression he didn't give a 'F' & I respected that.


Jennifer Grey: RIP James Gandolfini an amazing talent gone at age 51 so tragic.

Jason O'Mara: Gandolfini gone. What a tragic loss. Truly one of the greats. RIP

Michael Strahan: RIP James Gandolfini! Wow…So sad and sudden.


Gilles Marini: R.I.P James Gandolfini. Was an honor to teach your son Soccer and to have known You. You were such a great man and father.

Mia Farrow: awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great.

Candace Cameron Bure: So sad RIP RT @ABC: James Gandolfini has died in Italy at age 51


Josh Gad: The level of sadness and shock I have today for James Gandolfini's death is indescribable. One of the true greats is gone far too early.





Joseph Morgan: I just heard the sad news. James Gandolfini has died. His speech in 'True Romance' defined the metamorphosis of cold blooded killer for me.


Bette Midler: The great James Gandolfini passed away today. Only 51. I can't believe it.


Michael Chiklis: James Gandolfini. This is a tremendous loss. A brilliant actor and a wonderful man. Our deepest sympathies to his family. Devastating.

Katey Sagal: Speechless. James Gandolfini. Really sad…Hug the kids.

Aisha Tyler: RIP James Gandolfini. A startling and tragic loss.


Brendon Urie: Deeply saddened by the news of James Gandolfini's death. We've lost a truly great talent. RIP




Shannen Doherty: James Gandolfini..So talented, so nice and far too young to be taken away. You will be missed Sir


Robin Williams: My thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini's family. An extraordinary actor. RIP, Mr. Gandolfini.



Bryan Greenberg: Had the pleasure to work with James Gandolfini twice when I started out. Both times I had small roles but he treated me with respect. RIP


Cory Booker: My condolences to the family and all those who loved James Gandolfini - a true NJ Great and NJ Original. RIP.


Kirstie Alley: James Gandolfini…this sucks!!! Seriously sucks! You are so loved and admired…I hope somehow you know that…sogni d'oro Gandolfini XXO


Jon Favreau: Sad over the news about Gandolfini. Such a shock.

Russell Crowe: Sad to hear about James Gandolfini . First met Jimmy back in '94.He was roommates in NY with Lenny Loftin. Lovely man. RIP Jimmy


Ken Jeong: I had the honor of meeting James Gandolfini recently. A genius actor & great man. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace.


ABFoundation: Jimmy was a great actor, originating an indelible, iconic character on par with Raymond Burr, Carroll O'Connor and Peter Falk

Gary Busey: James Gandolfini was a great man on earth and he is now a great treasure in heaven. God bless you James in His name forever.


Jack Osbourne: Deeply saddened by the loss of James Gandolphini. He was a true talent and an absolute gentleman, not to mention a devout patriot. RIP



Julia Louis-Dreyfus: RIP Jim Gandolfini. It was an honor to worth with you. You were a supreme actor & the kindest, sweetest man. You are missed.


Samuel L. Jackson: Massive blow to the acting community today…The passing of James Gandolfini. So talented. My heart goes out to his family!


Marcia Gay Harden: RIP #JamesGandolfini. Thank your for your love and light and masterful talent. You are already missed.

Zach Braff: James Gandolfini was an amazing actor. Life is too short.


Lea Michele: Such sad news about James Gandolfini…What an incredible actor…My thoughts are with his family.





The Real Paula Abdul: I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of James Gandolfini. I can't believe it. He'll be sorely missed. My condolences to his family.


Justin Timberlake: Really though…This James Gandolfini passing is so sad. My heart goes out to his family in this time. RIP

DJ Pauly D: In Honor Of The Late Great #JamesGandolfini I Will Be Watching Sopranos All Night #RIP My Dude


Eric Stonestreet: Rest in peace James Gandolfini. I'm glad I got to meet you and tell you what your performance(s) meant to me as a fan and actor.

Olivia Munn: RIP James Gandolfini. An amazing actor who changed the game and raised the bar. You will be missed.

Zachary Quinto: james gandolfini gone too soon and sorely missed already. rest in peace.



R.I.P James Gandolfini. You will be greatly missed.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts