Lauren Conrad Quotes

1. I was like: "Oh, my God! Ashlee Simpson's here!"  I was freaking out, pretending like I didn't see her. Then Ashlee Simpson walked right up to me and was like: "L.C., love your show! I watch it every week with my friends!"


2. I love Chelsea Handler.


3. When you're growing up, you play dress-up - it's a game, it's a pastime. And then as you get older, getting ready and looking nice becomes this constant stress. I want to make it fun again.





4. At night I can write for hours.

5. There's not a business or a master plan as far as I'm concerned. I take it week by week, and I don't think you ever expect to be able to do the next thing.


6. I love anything really feminine. I love any sort of girly detail - anything with a bow or a heart on it, I'm immediately in love with.

7. Whenever someone comes up to me and says: "I'm having trouble shopping." I tell them to pull out their 10 favorite, most-worn pieces, then build a wardrobe around them. Those staples are going to be different for everybody.

8. Kristin - no matter how much you hate her, she's always fun to hang out with.


9. I think that a lot of times, I trust people I shouldn't, and it turns out right, and it makes me feel a little better about it.


10. I love wearing designer pieces with something I found at Target.



11. Any way to make a workout feel like playtime is great.

12. I love going on book tours because it's an opportunity to connect with the people that matter most to my brand.


13. Being responsible for another human life terrifies me, because I kill plants.


14. I never wanted to end up in entertainment; that wasn't the goal.

15. A lot of people in fashion don't want to be linked with anything that has to do with reality TV.


16. I mean, it's fun to go out and do stuff in Hollywood, but if it was gone tomorrow, I really wouldn't be disappointed.

17. I wake up in the middle of the night and I think I'm being filmed.

18. I read a lot of "Spark Notes" in high school.

19. Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you.


20. I really, really want to produce. That's the top of my to-do list.


21. I mean, I don't know if (drama) follows as much as they chase it.



22. I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don't ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.

23. Most importantly, it's in giving thanks…


24. I think any opportunity you have to be green, whether it's in business or in everyday life, you should take it.



25. Love is not a maybe thing, you know when you love someone.



26. I think clothes hang beautifully on thin women.

27. You're gonna have bad boyfriends and best friends-turned-enemies. You need to be yourself, you need to work hard, and you'll get there.


28. I think that I get bored easily with things.





29. In case you didn't notice me, I'm the less attractive friend to the right.

30. I think it's definitely important to look like yourself on a date. You don't want to look like someone else with too much makeup or too much hair.


31. Can you imagine being 22 and having your parents know everything about you? Literally, my mom can go on the Internet and find out where I went last night, who I was with. I mean, there are no secrets!




32. I think that like most girls in high school, I just mirrored what was around me.

33. Being a good observer is a great tool to have as a writer, just taking the world in.


34. I think that makeup can be challenging, especially when you are younger.







35. "The Hills" is meant to be a dramatic show about relationships. It's not about me being a designer. No one wants to see me working at the factory on my collection, or me and Lo (Bosworth) having a dance party in our pajamas. 


36. I think there is a niche for every market.




37. Dates are always hard. You don't want to be too dressed up or too casual.

38. I think that when you have kids, it's all about them.

39. I try really hard to separate myself from other celebrity brands.


40. Boys are like purses. You're always gonna have that one boy that you're always comfortable with and you know you'll always kind of like. That's your purse that you wear everywhere. Then you have that gorgeous bag that you want everyone to see you with but the gorgeous bag is usually an asshole or costs a lot of money. Then you have those other purses that you really like but you really don't want to be seen with.

41. I wouldn't include a piece in my collection that I wouldn't wear personally.


42. Dating is all about the chase. It's fun!

43. I try to never look back at how I dressed in the first few seasons of "Laguna Beach" because it was pretty bad…head-to-toe bad.

44. Jane was wearing a charcoal shift dress. The black dipped into a love V accented with a large black chiffon bow. A layer of delicate black lace peeked out from the bottom of her dress. Her long blond hair was pulled back tightly into a straight ironed ponytail. Her makeup was simple: coral blush on her cheeks and gunmetal shadow brushed under her blue eyes.


45. I'd love to design bridal dresses.

46. Dating in Los Angeles can be hard, which makes it all the better when you meet a really nice guy.

47. I'm a writer slash designer slash TV personality.

48. I would so much rather have a few of good friends than a lot of fake friends.


49. I'm comfortable in front of the camera, but I can't act.


50. There's always that one guy that you will always go back to. Even though you date other people in between, you are always in the back of your mind hoping to run into that guy.



51. I'm meant for California.

52. When you are looking to meet someone, you are looking to settle. Because you are not looking for someone, you are looking for anyone.


53. I'm into mellow dates with really good food.



54. You should have a guy that makes you feel happier, not upset. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

55. I'm my happiest when I'm really busy. I love feeling like I need one more hour of sleep, or when I'm running around frazzled!


56. Five years on TV is a really, really long time.


57. I'm not really a big reader.

58. He had a lot of different smiles, and Jane was getting to know them all.

59. I'm obsessed with the 1920s, everything from the style to the lifestyle. It was a really cool era.

60. During holiday parties I end up recycling a lot of my cocktail dresses and just wearing a layering piece, like a blazer and tights, with it.


61. I'm not a sexy person. I'm OK with it. I've never been the sexy girl. Whenever I've had a boyfriend, he's always been like: "Oh, you're cute."

62. Don't you hate that? Like bad guys, you're like I just want to get over you, I just want you out of my life. And as soon as you stop thinking about them, they'll send you a text message or they'll call you 'cause they know you just stopped thinking about them. It's like a radar.

63. I'm sure a lot of people don't take me seriously.


64. I've always been a big fan of Phillip Lim. He'll always be a favorite of mine.



65. Fitness is a luxury when you are busy!

66. I've always been open to doing reality again. Just under certain circumstances.


67. Hey bubba…life's tough…get a helmet!

68. I've actually spent a lot of time researching beauty products, how they are produced and how they are sold.

69. I almost exclusively wear skinny jeans. I'm terrified of any other cut of denim.

70. I've found when all I'm eating is really fresh, healthy foods, I stop craving pizza and burgers.


71. Shoes make me happy.




72. If you're on the cover of any magazine, you certainly get recognized more.

73. I almost exclusively wear skinny jeans. I'm terrified of any other cut of denim.


74. Imperfection is relatable.

75. Like everyone…trust NO ONE!!

76. In Hollywood, you grow up quick.

77. I always wear bronzer because I love the way my skin looks when it's tan.

78. It's very hard to lose someone who's the closest person to you in your life.


79. The only thing left to do is forgive and forget…I want to forgive you and I want to forget you.

80. Most of my friends all tend to work in restaurants part time, doing acting classes on the side.

81. I can't even read a script. I've tried and it's painful to watch.

82. No one eats pretty.

83. The only way to belong is to act like you belong. Or to not give a shit whether you belong or not.


84. None of my friends call me L.C. That was just a high school nickname, and nobody refers to me like that anymore.


85. I do most of my shopping online. It's just convenient for me.



86. People label you the way they know you best.

87. Love…who needed love? As long as she had her books and her friends and an occasional hookup, she was perfectly content.


88. One of my biggest goals, especially with writing YA novels, is just to have people enjoy reading.


89. I definitely aspire to be someone like Tyra Banks, who's created an empire for herself.

90. Scripts are corny and predictable. Real life is always better.


91. A true friend is someone who never gets tired listening to your pointless drama over and over again.




92. Social media is key to promoting the editorial posts on my website.

93. I don't have the best dating track record.


94. Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.




95. Eat sandwich, not own mouth.

96. The normal 21-year-old doesn't have to worry about their night out being put on TMZ.


97. I don't kiss on the first date. My friends always make fun of me for that! But I will hold hands.

98. The one thing I've learned about friends is that the good ones are rare.


99. It's hard to tell people who they should hang out with and who they shouldn't, especially if they aren't ready to hear that. You have to let your friends make their own mistakes sometimes. You can't protect them from everything, or else they'll never learn.


100. There's not one person that I say I want to look like.

101. I don't call magazines and let them know about things so they can write stories.


102. When you are working really hard and you're really focused on your career, a lot of other things suffer.

103. I don't stage my own publicity.

104. When I work with my art department on putting imagery together for my blog posts I always think: "Would I pin this?" That really helps.


105. I get very uncomfortable with people watching me.



106. When you do multiple things you love, it doesn't feel like work.



107. I go into meetings, and people have this preconceived notion of me that I didn't work hard to get where I am.

108. When you're writing a book, you don't want it to be overly trendy because you want people to enjoy it for years and refer back to it.


109. I grew up at the beach and I was always involved in beach clean-ups and caring for my environment.


110. You don't want a slob, but you don't want a guy who is constantly borrowing your tweezers.



111. I haven't met a woman without insecurities.

112. You have your personal life and you have work life; when it's combined, it's difficult.


113. I like to involve myself in charities that help children and also young women in need.


114. You should never need a guy to make you feel complete.



115. Tomorrow will be better.

116. As a designer, you are flattered to see anyone in one of your designs, whether it's on a red carpet or passing by you in the market. It's this wonderful little high every time.


117. Hollywood was fine with fakes, but it was most definitely not okay with frauds.

118. At the end of the day it's going to hurt your feelings if someone says something mean about you, but I've learned to take a step back and ask myself if it's really going to affect me, if this person who I'm never going to know or meet doesn't like me - and it doesn't.

119. Life isn't an Island, you have to have other people in your life.


120. Blogging is a great way to show your talents and interests to prospective employers, while adding an edge to your resume. If you blog consistently it shows your dedication, passions and creativity - all of which are key attributes employers look for in job candidates.




121. As soon as I walk out that door, you're gonna decide you want me back. You might even tell yourself that you're in love with me. But you're not. You never will be.


122. Everyone has that friend who's every day, like: "I hate my nose, I hate my nose, I hate my nose." You either need to come to peace with it and be like, alright, I hate it, but it's part of me - or change it. So I'm not against plastic surgery, I'm against plastic surgery when it doesn't really need to be done.

123. Real relationships - the kind that were supposed to last but never did - were more trouble than they were worth.

124. I think that it's really nice to learn that makeup is different for every person. Everyone has a different feature on their face that they like to show off.

125. A lot of my branding has come from stubbornness - I knew what I liked. I knew what I wanted to do.

126. I think when you're put into a completely different situation and environment, you really see who you are. You're not affected by what's around you. You are who you are.


127. I'm going to be there for you when he screws you over, because he will. 



128. I'm just not a fan of the gym. In fact, I hate it. I understand loving the feeling you get after working out all those endorphins. But going there? It's the worst.

129. If he hurts you again, so help me God, I will personally inflict him with severe bodily harm.


130. I used to get taxed on my allowance. Yeah, I've been taxed since I was a little kid. And at the end of the year I had to pick a charity to donate my taxes to.

131. Yes Audrina!! I couldnt resist his charm and his manners!!He has impeccable hygiene!! I was under the JustinBobby spell!!

132. I'm not old-fashioned when it comes to dating, but there's something nice about a guy pulling out a girl's chair and opening the door for her, even if it's just in the beginning.


133. Being called the nice girl, is way better than being called a bitch.






134. In high school I spent most of my time in jeans and T-shirts or Juicy sweats. We're such a laid-back town. I mean, people wore bikinis under their clothes half the time, so you didn't really get dressed up to go to school.


135. But it wasn't fair that he was so good-looking. He was such an asshole, and not in a charming way.




136. If you're putting your name on something, it's really important to be a part of it, or else people will just do whatever they want with it. And then it's not really you, and it won't be true.

137. I used to think that diamonds were a girl's best friend, but now I realize it's carbohydrates. Seriously, I have a French baguette at home sporting a matching friendship bracelet.


138. Like most people, I used to wear clothing off the rack. But having them fitted to me makes a really big difference, especially with pieces like a cocktail dress. Little nips and tucks can take 10 pounds off you.




139. I don't think any good has ever come from me having an opinion on their relationship, so let's leave it at that!

140. Listen to advice from people who have been there and done that. It is so hard to believe that when you are young, but parents, mentors, teachers, they can all be so valuable when it comes to advice.


141. I like to know exactly what's being put into my food.

142. My website inspired me to create my book club and provides me with a creative outlet where I can write about things that interest me. It's a platform where I can present ideas or new ventures and get feedback straight from the people who mean the most to me.


143. Anyway, he's gone. Which, as you know, is how I like my men.

144. One way to stay grounded in the entertainment industry is to surround yourself with very good people that will constantly remind you how uncool you are.

145. I make fun of guys when I like them. I do it as a test to see if they can laugh at themselves.

146. People are just obsessed with other people's lives. I don't know whether it's kind of a way to escape their own, or something to follow...I really couldn't tell you.


147. I like wearing scarves in my hair because they make me look put together without taking a lot of time.

148. There is never just one thing that leads to success for anyone. I feel it always a combination of passion, dedication, hard work, and being in the right place at the right time.

149. It's always better to be the dumper than the dumpee.

150. The first series I wrote, "L.A. Candy," was always meant to be a three-book series, so when I started out it was all outlined that way and by the time I was done with the third book, I had become so involved and the process and the stories, I was a little bit sad to be done.


151. You never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it is no longer a mistake. It is a choice.

152. The only thing that ever really bothers me is that a lot of people think I'm that girl who hates your boyfriend. I'm really not that girl. Some of my friends' boyfriends are my best friends.




What do you think of Lauren Conrad's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts