Juliette Lewis Quotes

1. Do you all know who Juliette and the Licks are? We're all just a bunch of actors! We act like we're in a band.


2. Just to buck the system in California, I bought a Mazda for $6,000 when I was 15 without even bothering to get a license.


3. I knew I could live no other way, that the one thing I wanted was to act and do it well.






4. What I get in rock n' roll that I don't get in movies is that connection with people. With music it's instantaneous, and just to watch people light up, it's really amazing. I love that connection.




5. I kind of imagine myself at eighty, a cat lady.

6. It was traumatic and lovely…My character is always trying to get his attention, and I think she feels connected to him because the town judges her for whatever reason and thinks she's a trollop, a tramp, whatever you want to call her.

7. I think I can be beautiful with all the little stuff done, and I can be ugly. A lot of attractive actresses can't be ugly.


8. Well, like everyone's story who does this. When I was little, I had always wanted to be a singer since I was 7. I always thought: "Oh, I am going to be a singer." And instead I started acting and I got successful with that stuff. But underneath I always had this drive to be musical and express myself like that on stage. And be a performer and stuff.

9. The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.

10. (on drugs) I think that's radical. A lot of people are sedating themselves and killing their natural musical abilities.

11. Like everybody I have many different sides.

12. Because I'm not perfect looking, I get to play better roles.

13. Success is a nice by-product but what I really want is work.


14. And I've got all the odds against me, because I'm an actress, blah blah blah. But I just use all that (energy). I love being an underdog, and my band speaks for me. My musicians are so rock solid that nobody can argue with that (musicality), you know? They've all been doing this for over a decade.



15. The worst thing you can do to a kid is tell them that their dreams are invalid.


16. My parents raised me in a really unique way, they didn't fill me with self-doubt. There's a lot of people who don't want to think of their kids as having sex or really awful experiences. But the thing is you gotta experience these things sooner or later. My parents made me feel as though I was always worth something.

17. I don't make an effort to be sloppy. I just don't consider a perfect hairdo and a perfect face to be beautiful. If I had my way I'd dress myself and do my own makeup for magazine shoots.



18. Fame can be just so annoying because people are so critical of you. You can't just say "hi". You say hi and people whisper "man did you see the way she said hi? What an attitude".


19. The thing is, I want to play real characters and not all girls can be pretty. The thing is, you get these girls who say "I'm a character actor" then you see them in a role and nothing has really changed but the outfit.

20. I can tell everything about me, I don't care, but it's what other people can do with this information. They can turn it into this whole other thing. It can get all kinda' crazy.




21. All that schooling never prepares you for the reality of life.

22. (on her role in "The Other Sister") I wanted to capture her honesty so people could relate to her, I was playing a character who was full of life and determination, and it really had an effect on me. I connected very deeply to "Carla" and her feelings.

23. I've always been kind of rock and roll, even as an actress.


24. As early as when I was five or six I wanted to perform.





25. And if I do it in a f-ing bikini, it's because I want to be Hercules.

26. Just 'cause I'm in the same age bracket as Johnny Depp and Leo Dicaprio doesn't mean we all screw together.




27. Being beautiful can be a curse, especially if you want to be an artist and create.


28. I try to bring a fearlessness to it. It makes sense that I do music. I have a really solid band. I have to do this and I'm not going to stop so I don't even care. Whoever wants to talk shit, so be it. I say: bring it on!



29. I collect clothes - they keep building and building. I buy them instead of having them washed.

30. We have some mutual friends in common in the skate-rebel-punk-weird world.



31. I don't want to be famous as a movie star and have the whole world love me, I want to be a creative actress.

32. (on Brad Pitt) When I run into him it's like running into an old comrade…Good vibes. He's grown into a fine man and father. Total super father. It's pretty impressive. Their family unit is inspiring. 



33. At this point I don't envision having children by myself.

34. Being that we're both Method actors…Basically it's like: "Ten, nine, eight, seven - do we go out now? -six, five…"


What do you think of Juliette Lewis quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts