Elle Fanning Quotes

1. I would love to do a musical!

2. I feel like I'm too young to wear a super stiletto.



3. I just love working with Eddie Murphy. Eddie Murphy's so funny!

4. My favorite actress is Marilyn Monroe.


5. (on Eddie Murphy) He can take his finger off. Really!







6. I love playing with Barbies. I have, like, 40. I collect Care Bears. I have 10.

7. I don't think you should try to be anything you're not. If you're not smiling all the time or always happy - I don't think it matters. If you're having bad day, show you're having a bad day. Don't try to put up something that's fake.


8. I'll always have acting. But then if I had to choose something else it'd probably be singing or dancing - if I had to. Or maybe, like, designer, like sketching designs.





9. We take art, and I love all that. But I also like science for some reason. I just like finding out why things happen.


10. I've been on "Criminal Minds" twice! On the first show, a boy brought kids out to the woods and was beating them with a baseball bat, but I got away. Then they brought Tracy, my character, back - as a kidnapped girl. They saved me two times! Tracy lived!

11. I remember the first time Dakota asked me for fashion advice about what to put with what. I was like: "My big sister is asking me?"


12. When I do a movie, that's just a couple months out of my year and out of my life. All the other months I'm just at home, running around doing errands with my mom and going to sleepovers. I feel like I have that side of my life, and then I also do the films - which is just sort of a plus.

13. When I go home, I play with my baby dolls and strollers and stuffed animals, pretend like they're real dogs.


14. (on acting) I'll do anything. There's nothing I don't want to do.

15. I like necklaces that are short, the way skateboarders used to wear them in the seventies.


16. I can't really remember my life without movies.








17. When I get home at the end of the day I'm just worn out.


18. It's not like I've fallen in love? but I've had crushes and things?In seventh grade, it was sort of a big deal to have a boyfriend. You're not in elementary school anymore, and you feel a lot older. But you can't do anything. Your mom has to drop you off! It's sort of awkward.

19. (on being cast in "The Door in the Floor") I'm glad they picked me to be Ruth.


20. After "Somewhere" came out, people started to recognize me more. Whenever I was walking down the street, they'd be like: "Oh, wow - are you Elle Fanning?" Before "Somewhere," they asked me if I was Dakota Fanning, because we looked alike, and I'd say: "No, I'm her younger sister."


21. I'm a normal kid, really. I just love to act.


22. I love fashion! I love clothes! I really like vintage clothes, so in my closet there's a lot of '50s stuff. I go to the stores and shop around.





23. I'm pretty good with not being afraid to just go up to people and introduce myself.


24. I would like to continue acting. But also - if this is a dream world where everything could become true - I'd want to be a ballerina.


25. I'd much rather dress like a 5 year old than a 21 year old. I'd much rather wear a puffy sleeved shirt than some low-cut top.


26. But it's cool working with female directors because I'm a girl, so you do relate to them more. You can talk to them about other stuff like clothes and all that.





27. I like playing characters with as many emotions as possible. I'd love to play a really crazy person - someone truly out of her mind.



28. (on what her favorite scene in "Daddy Day Care") Oh I guess jumping in the flowers, and the water scenes, 'cause we got to be in bathing suits and swim in the water, and in the water fountain.

29. For a long time, I refused to wear jeans. I liked high-waisted pants, but jeans made me feel like I wasn't being unique. Even now, I won't wear the skinny-jeans style, because most people wear those - they have to be baggier, boyfriend-looking, or sort of like a mom jean. I'm real funny that way.

30. I do after-school ballet and also hip-hop and jazz.


31. For my own style, I love vintage. 60's and 70's are my favorite. I love baby doll dresses and the soft colors. I try to mix a little bit of modern into that - maybe I'll wear it with boots. At my school we wear a uniform, but we have one day a week we can wear whatever we want.

32. I love the '70s, I'm very into that right now. The long Chloe dresses, very Virgin Suicides.

33. What's the best part of a movie? I love to know what my name is. It's just so fun. That's the first thing I ask. It's just fun because you have a different name in every movie.

34. Dakota Fanning is my favorite actress.


35. I don't wear any make-up on normal days and at school. But, if I'm going somewhere, I always do something with my eyes - crazy colors, sparkles. I'm all for it. I love experimenting.




36. I sort of make believe. That's why I like acting. You can create or imagine anything.

37. I just worked with Sofia Coppola and that was amazing. I learned so much from her. I can't even describe how much fun I had.


38. I like mixing things. I wear a lot of boots. Love boots. And then jeans, but I like to wear them with a really ruffly top. Or I love high-waisted anything.



39. I wore the Marc Jacobs dress, so I love Marc Jacobs. He has a vintage flair. But I've always worn a lot of vintage stuff, so it hasn't been a lot of designers. If I see something that I like, I just buy it.


40. I always look at Style.com and look at all the designers and I know all the model's names.

41. I make movies the same way other kids play tennis or go to piano lessons. I'm trying to get better at what I want to do, just like other kids are trying to get better at what they want to do.

42. I like Jodie Foster and then Meryl Streep. They're just, like, the greatest ever.


43. I have a sliding glass door on my closet, and when I slide it one way I can see all my uniforms, and the other way is all my own clothes.




44. I was 12 when I did "Super 8," and when Dakota was 12, she did "War of the Worlds." Steven Spielberg was involved with both movies, so we both worked with Steven when we were 12.


45. I like to be very girly, with bows and ruffles on the red carpet. I love pastel colors, especially blue. Me and my sister both because of our eyes look good in blues.




46. I would love to work with Marion Cotillard...and my sister! I've never worked with Dakota before in a movie. It'd be so cool to be on screen interacting with each other one day. It will happen, I'm just not sure when.


47. I mean, it's amazing that I get to meet all these people. I've learned so much from all of them. I just worked with Sofia Coppola and that was amazing. I learned so much from her. I can't even describe how much fun I had.





48. I'm a big fish eater. Salmon - I love salmon. My sister loves Chinese food and sushi and all that. I'm not as big of a fan, but she likes it so we eat it a lot. So I'm beginning to like it more. I don't like the raw sushi. I liked the cooked crab and lobster and everything.


What do you think of Elle Fanning's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts