Delta Goodrem Quotes

1. Life is a journey I don't have a map for.  






2. Anybody who has gone through a life-changing experience will tell you there is a different understanding of what is real and what is important, and when you are going through different moments, you can reflect and go: "I have been through worse."


3. The second album was emotionally exhausting and my life felt like it had become very serious at a very young age.


4. Life is not a dress rehearsal.

5. Everything was going for me, I didn't even know the meaning of the word insecurity and suddenly I am surrounded by words like operation, cancer, chemotherapy, radiation.


6. I can't be all things to everyone.





7. Well, I'm not born to win and I'm not born to lose, but I am here to give it a good shot.

8. Hodgkin's is serious and I don't want to be dismissive about it, but there are people who have gone through much worse and lost their lives to cancer.


9. I used to get stressed out, but my cancer has put everything into perspective.

10. I have been singing for as long as I could talk.

11. Anyone's allowed to dream, I say.

12. I'd just recorded it in Mariah Carey's studio. They thought the song was perfect for Nina, because she's so shy, so it was nice to have that connection with Nina in the song. It was special.


13. You've got to run your own race. There's nothing else you can do.





14. I knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.

15. Well, Neighbors wanted to do a song on the show, and they asked me what songs I had. I told them I'd just written this song, called Born to Try, and I had just gone overseas and spoken to some people from Song about it.


16. I don't think I've ever been molded but I think I am always learning.





17. I feel I lost my innocence to cancer.

18. (on people mistaking her for someone else.) Actually just before I came over here somebody said to me: "Oh, I thought you were Delta Goodrem," and I said: "Oh, did you?" and they said something like: "Oh, but you're much prettier than her!" I just went: "Thank you, thank you very much", but I didn't really know how to respond to that!" 


19. I think Taj and Nina were better friends, because they get along, they have a lot of fun and they laugh. But it seems that Nina and Jack really hit it off. Nina really fell in love with Jack. There's a lot of chemistry between them!

20. Most people's journeys haven't been as disjointed as mine.


21. (on what her parents taught her) To respect people from all walks of life, to communicate with sincerity and honesty, and to always act with compassion. 


22. I believe that in music and in a lot of things it's kind of like surfing, you can have a really big wave sometimes and then you can have a smaller wave.


23. I was at number one in Australia with both my album and my single. And then I was told I had cancer. I thought: "What a strange turn of events."

24. I have weathered many different storms and I know who I am and my friends know who I really am.


What do you think of Delta Goodrem's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts