Mamie Van Doren Quotes

1. (about former suitor Howard Hughes) There's a scene in "The Aviator" (2004) that depicts Howard's first meeting with Faith Domergue that comes very close to the scene in my book "Playing the Field" describing my first meeting with him. He asks Faith how old she is. Answer: 15. He asked me the same thing. Answer: 16. He even asks if she lived with her parents and how nice it was that she lived at home. The only thing he didn't ask her in the movie was the main thing he asked me: "Are you a virgin?".

2. My best asset is my brain. Without my brain, I don't think the rest of me would be too hot.


3. I always admired Mae West. She wrote all of her own lines, you know. If she were alive today I think she'd be here now, sitting at the computer, getting the word out, speaking for all the old blondes who aren't here to represent themselves.

4. (on Hollywood life) I don't wear panties anymore - this startles the Hollywood wolves so much they don't know what to pull at, so they leave me alone.


5. I came to Hollywood determined to follow in Jean Harlow's footsteps, but I was determined not to die young. My hope was to endure. And endure I have.

6. Personally, the greatest thing about getting older is being here to enjoy it. That may seem profoundly obvious at first glance, but consider the longevity of my peers - the so-called glamour girls from decades past.


7. (about the period in the early 1960s when she was engaged to baseball star pitcher Bo Belinsky) It was a wild ride, but a lot of fun.


8. I have never been a Marilyn Monroe wannabe. I have always been happy in my own skin!

9. It is possible that blondes also prefer gentlemen.

10. I've married some people I shouldn't have, but haven't we all?



11. Reports of my age have been greatly exaggerated...


12. On this 40th anniversary of the first landing on the moon, my thoughts go to the romantic adventurer, Buzz Aldrin. Buzz and I spent some memorable and erotic times together some decades ago, and he is often in my thoughts. After all, a man who could make it to the moon, could make it with me anytime.

13. I have been blessed with a rich life during which I have met presidents, kings, racing drivers, jocks, and just about every other imaginable sort of celebrity. I am often asked to recall those encounters - and in the spirit of expanding the bounds of good taste, I often do. Who would have dreamed that the Eisenhower years or even the swingin' sixties would become so interesting to a generation that never lived through them? And who would have dreamed that I would get so much pleasure out of telling them about it?


14. (on her appearance in the movie "His Kind of Woman" - 1951) If you blinked you would miss me. I look barely old enough to drive.




15. (paraphrasing Mark Twain) All the great sex symbols are dead; Harlow is dead; Mae West is dead; Dietrich is dead; Marilyn is dead; and I'm not feeling too well myself.

16. At my age, having an orgasm is like having an occasional cocktail.


17. (on her chest measurement) I don't even want to say double-D, because they're even bigger than that.







What do you think of Mamie Van Doren's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts