Cyd Charisse Quotes

1. The censors were always there when I was on the set. When I was held up, in a lift (in "Deep in My Heart"), they were up on ladders to see if I was properly covered.


2. (on Fred Astaire) Fred moved like glass. Physically it was easy to dance with him. It was not as demanding on me. I didn't need the same vitality and strength.


3. (in her autobiography about Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire) As one of the handful of girls who worked with both of those dance geniuses, I think I can give an honest comparison. In my opinion, Kelly is the more inventive choreographer of the two. Astaire, with Hermes Pan's help, creates fabulous numbers - for himself and his partner. But Kelly can create an entire number for somebody else…I think, however, that Astaire's coordination is better than Kelly's…his sense of rhythm is uncanny. Kelly, on the other hand, is the stronger of the two. When he lifts you, he lifts you!...To sum it up, I'd say they were the two greatest dancing personalities who were ever on screen. But it's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both delicious.

4. (asked by Gene Kelly on what she would like engraved on her gravestone) People sometimes had a problem placing her face, but they never forgot her pins.





5. I was this tiny, frail little girl, I needed to build up muscle.


6. (on Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly) I can watch Astaire anytime. I don't think he ever made a wrong move. He was a perfectionist. He would work on a few bars for hours until it was just the way he wanted it. Gene was the same way. They both wanted perfection, even though they were completely different personalities.

7. If I had to give up either acting or dancing, I'd choose to keep dancing.


8. (on Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly) Fred could never do the lifts Gene did and never wanted to. I'd say they were the two greatest dancing personalities who were ever on the screen. Each has a distinctive style. Each is a joy to work with. But it's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both delicious.




9. (on explaining why she never tapped on-screen) I was pulled up as a ballet dancer and I wasn't used to pounding the floor with bent knees.


What do you think of Cyd Charisse quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts