Sophia Loren Explains Jayne Mansfield Photo From 1957

Legendary Sophia Loren is probably famous for her photos "El Cid" and "Two Women," but a picture of the Italian star giving the side-eye at femme fatale Jayne Mansfield's breasts has become popular in its own right.  





In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Loren, now 80, opened up about the true story behind the eye-popping 57-year-old snapshot.


Paramount Pictures held a dinner party in Beverly Hills to welcome Loren to Tinseltown back in 1957. Mansfield was the last to arrive at the event. Loren claims there were cameras everywhere, a fact that the blonde bombshell knew.




Loren confessed to Entertainment Weekly: "She came right for my table. She knew everyone was watching. She sat down. And now, she was barely...Listen. Look at the picture. Where are my eyes? I'm staring at her nipples because I am afraid they are about to come onto my plate. In my face you can see the fear. I'm so frightened that everything in her dress is going to blow - BOOM! - and spill all over the table."


While she admits the picture is iconic, she points out that she has made the decision not to capitalize or glorify the photo. Loren, whose memoir "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: My Life" is currently on bookshelves, reveals fans commonly ask her to autograph the Mansfield moment, but she doesn't out of respect for the late Hollywood icon.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts