"Fresh Prince" Star James Avery Dies At 68

James Avery, who portrayed Uncle Phil on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," passed away on Tuesday.


He was 68.

His publicist announced Avery died following complications from open heart surgery.


"I'm deeply saddened to say that James Avery has passed away. He was a second father to me. I will miss him greatly," "Fresh Prince" co-star Alfonso Ribeiro tweeted on Wednesday.

Tatyana Ali, who also starred on the hit series, wrote on twitter: "James was my teacher my protector & the most magnificent actor. We're feeling his loss very deeply. He'll always be apart of me."


Avery will be seen in Zach Braff's upcoming movie "Wish I Was Here".



Avery is survived by his wife Barbara and a stepson.


R.I.P James Avery


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts