Jim Parsons Quotes

1. One of my favorite things about Sheldon is that the writers have given him the opportunity to say so many things that other people would never get away with…because they have the social common sense and the social niceties to keep their mouths shut.

2. It's a shame, but every time I get something scientific in the script, I read up to find out what I'm talking about - but then I'm on to the next script and it's forgotten.


3. (about the relationship between Sheldon and Penny) They are kind of the North and South Pole of communication skill. The other characters fall somewhere in between them.





4. I had a very strong interest in music, specifically the piano from a very small age.

5. (while comparing Sheldon with himself) His interests are so divergent from mine. I don't know comic books at all. I don't know superheroes at all, unless they're out in movies.


6. I was very average in the social label scale going through school. I was neither the coolest person in school, nor did I suffer the slings and arrows of being made fun of to such a degree that I couldn't get through the day.

7. Everyone always asks me if I think Sheldon will ever fall in love, and I do, but I think that's probably a long way off still…and that sounds like a really rocky road to get down, anyway.

8. As a human being, you know that there are some days when you'd rather not talk to anybody - but I can't really do that anymore without appearing rude.


9. I was very fascinated with meteorology at a young age. I lived on the Gulf Coast and hurricanes blew through there. That is the class I failed in college: meteorology. I didn't have an interest in the particulars - but what a wonderful basis for a show.

10. I love seeing tennis up close.


11. (after he won a Golden Globe for "The Big Bang Theory" (2007) which was presented by his costar Kaley Cuoco) I told her as soon as we got offstage that: "No matter how many years I work in this business, no matter how many other awards I might get, that will never happen twice." To be presented with this statuette by my costar who I love so much meant the world to me.

12. (about the cast chemistry in TBBT) It was a little bit instant. You know, I can take no credit at all for any good chemistry that comes between Johnny and me. While I'm sure it's grown and enhanced as we've worked more together, that was from the very first time we read together. But as far as the whole cast goes, it really has been just such a positive melding of personalities from the very beginning.

13. My choices in projects have all been character or role-based, and on a financial level, it's obvious: as an actor on a TV series, I get a wonderful paycheck, and a consistent paycheck, which doesn't always happen when you're doing theater or movies.


14. (talking about his neurosis) I have thoroughness in washing my hands sometimes where I really have to tell myself: "You're not about to perform surgery." That's definitely got a touch of the OCD to it. It's certainly given me something to work with as far as dealing with Sheldon.

15. "The Big Bang Theory" has completely changed my life.





16. (about using internet) I have to do a lot of looking up to see what certain scientific terms mean, because they mean absolutely nothing to me at first. Unless they are obvious and even then.


17. When I first started out in Houston, it was theater or bust. And I loved it. I still love it. And then I went to undergraduate and graduate school for acting.


18. (on deciding to become an actor) I'm just glad I found what I should be doing. We all know people who struggle to find what's right for them. At the risk of sounding like I'm on Oprah, I think the answer is within.


19. To have a job you can count on as an actor is so rare, whether that means belonging to a regional theater company or being on TV.



20. An award can help a show. If you love your job, hopefully it will help you to continue to do your job, but it doesn't always work that way.


21. There's no audience to wonderfully get in your way when you're doing a single-camera anything, whether it's a sitcom or drama or film. And I do mean that in the best way.

22. Every time I think about writing, comedy doesn't interest me in the slightest. I can play comedy, but I don't think in terms of comic dialogue.

23. (on preparing for his role in "The Big Bang Theory") When we tape, I have to make sure I get up an hour earlier than I need to. I sit down with a physics dictionary.


24. People always want to know if I'm as smart as Sheldon, which is just absurd. I mean, bless their hearts. It's sweet that they feel compelled to ask. But sadly, no.







25. Well, I'm a big believer in "never say never."

26. I'm very visual. I literally need to be able to see it in my head, and when I get stuck, nine times out of 10, I can tell you the word begins with a D-A something. It's a little computeresque.


27. (about being a geek sex symbol) I'm very surprised to hear this. I can't speak for anything I'm bringing to it. Sheldon needs taking care of in some ways, and I think that maybe it brings out a maternal instinct in somebody…I don't know. I'm shocked, and I'm also very flattered. That's very sweet.

28. I think in any form of acting, you're always well served if you've done theater.






29. I was a very shy child.

30. (on the death of his father) And I still don't know all the ways that changed and affected me, but there's no way it didn't. It changed the whole family dynamic. When I went home after that I still hadn't graduated. I had a final project and I know they told me: "You don't have to come back right away." It was very interesting that I knew I had to go back and do that because whether or not you could be of use at home - I realized in the end I could only be of use to the family fully if I did what I needed to do and then went on.


31. I try to master every facet of a character in order to build a safety net for myself, so I can go on to take more risks to create someone really distinct.


32. I did have a twitter account that I tried for a couple days, but found I had nothing to say. There are some interesting facts I could share, but I don't want to share that part of myself.


33. I grew up with two different parakeets - one that lived for five years, and one that lived for 13 years - so I always had a bit of an attraction to birds and it's an oddly good fit to be in a movie about birdwatchers.

34. I don't think the jet-setting life is really for most people.


35. I think intelligence is usually sexy until it becomes irritating. After that, you're stuck.



36. I'm also a big "American Idol" fan. I think it's just great fun.

37. If I ever wrote a script myself, it would be strongly emotional material.


38. I've always loved TV very much, and as a child I was so religious with it, but now it's more when it fits in.





39. In L.A., I have more of a yard existence, and so I enjoy walking my two little dogs in New York - one's a Maltese and the other's a Shih Tzu.


What do you think of Jim Parsons' quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts