Anita Pallenberg Quotes

1. (on becoming acquainted with the Rolling Stones) They looked at me like I was some kind of threat. (Mick) Jagger really tried to put me down, but there was no way some crude, lippy guy was going to do a number on me. I was always able to squelch him. I found out that, if you stand up to Mick, he crumbles.  
 


2. (on whether she regretted meeting the Rolling Stones) Fate, I respect a lot. I never regret anything. 


3. I was too independent for Mick. I wasn't proper enough for him. He's a chauvinist. I wouldn't put up with that. Keith, surprisingly, is not. Though I feel sorry for Patti (Hansen). I love her and think she is a marvellous woman, but I would not want to be in her shoes now. It's such a lonely existence, living with a rock 'n' roller. No matter how much he loves you, he will always love his music more. I know when Keith is working on his music nothing else matters to him. He can be in a room with fifty people and he won't nothing anything but his guitar. A woman, to live with a rock star, must find her ways of independence. 

4. (on Brian Jones) I decided to kidnap Brian. It sounds ridiculous but they even made a film about it, about kidnapping a pop star ("Privilege") starring Paul Jones. This was the original story, Brian seemed to be the most sexually flexible. I knew I could talk to him. As a matter of fact when I met him I was his groupie really. I got backstage with a photographer, I told him I just wanted to meet him. I had some Amyl Nitrate and a piece of hash. I asked Brian if he wanted a joint and he said yes, so he asked me back to his hotel and he cried all night. He was so upset about Mick and Keith still, saying they had teamed up on him. I felt so sorry for him. Brian was fantastic, he had everything going for him, but he was just too complicated. 

5. That boy of 17 who shot himself in my house really ended it for us. And although we occasionally saw each other for the sake of the children, it was the end of our personal relationship. 



What do you think of Anita Pallenberg's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts