Tim McGraw On Drug And Alcohol Abuse: "You're Gonna Lose Everything You Have"

Tim McGraw opened up about the reason he quit partying in a Men's Health cover story.  




"When your wife tells you it's gone too far, that's a big wake-up call," McGraw, who has three daughters with wife Faith Hill, was quoted as saying.


The country singer pointed out: "That, and realizing you're gonna lose everything you have. Not monetarily, not career-wise, but family-wise."


McGraw, 47, explained to the mag: "It got to the point where my kids were getting older, and it was way past the point that they noticed it. And I noticed that they noticed. That's enough to straighten you out."


"I drank too much. I partied too much," McGraw went on, noting: "And did other things too much. Chemically. No needles or that kind of stuff, but…use your imagination."




McGraw admitted: "It becomes a habit. Up until seven years ago, there were not a lot of shows that I didn't have something in my system."

"I was looking at some old concert shots the other day. Man, my gut!" McGraw said of the benefits to cleaning up, adding: "I was up there in a see-through shirt - I thought I was lookin' good!"


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts