Michael Jordan Quotes

1. I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.


2. If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.


3. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.


4. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

5. My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.


6. To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don't isolate.




7. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.


8. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.



9. Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.



10. Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.

11. I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.


12. My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes.






13. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I've always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It's been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It's a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.


14. As athletes, we're used to reacting quickly. Here, it's "come, stop, come, stop." There's a lot of downtime. That's the toughest part of the day.

15. The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.


16. Even when I'm old and grey, I won't be able to play it, but I'll still love the game.



17. I've never been afraid to fail.



18. I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

19. I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.


20. I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot...when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.

21. There is no such thing as a perfect basketball player, and I don't believe there is only one greatest player either.

22. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.


23. I realize that I'm black, but I like to be viewed as a person, and this is everybody's wish.







24. My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline.

25. My father used to say that it's never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said: "You never know what you can accomplish until you try."


26. I never thought a role model should be negative.

27. The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can't let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.

28. There is no "I" in team but there is in win.


29. Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too.

30. Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you're in a fight.

31. You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.


32. In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.






33. When I was young, I had to learn the fundamentals of basketball. You can have all the physical ability in the world, but you still have to know the fundamentals.

34. I hope the millions of people I've touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.


35. Limits, like fear, is often an illusion.







36. Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.

37. I want to wake up every day and do whatever comes in my mind, and not feel pressure or obligations to do anything else in my life.


38. I want to be the bridge to the next generation.


39. I want people to understand, gambling is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is fun and entertaining.



40. I'm patient.

41. I'd like to be settled into somewhat of a normal life. Somewhat. I know it's never going to be completely normal.


42. In reality, I never want to grow up.





43. Playing sick. That is so hard to do. It has to be a total mental challenge, as well as the physical challenge.

44. There's only one Michael Jordan.


45. When I lose the sense of motivation and the sense to prove something as a basketball player, it's time for me to move away from the game.



46. I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else's talent.

47. How many times have your parents told you not to do things, and the next thing you know, you go do it? And you realized you shouldn't have done it.


48. I can't speak for the future. I have no crystal ball.


49. I like control.



50. I think the players win the championship, and the organization has something to do with it, don't get me wrong. But don't try to put the organization above the players.

51. In college I never realized the opportunities available to a pro athlete. I've been given the chance to meet all kinds of people, to travel and expand my financial capabilities, to get ideas and learn about life, to create a world apart from basketball.


52. The best evaluation I can make of a player is to look in his eyes and see how scared they are.



53. Winning isn't always championships.

54. When I was playing before I retired, I never really understood the appreciation and the respect that people gave me. People had treated me like a god or something, and that was very embarrassing.


55. Being Michael Jordan means acting the same as I always have.


56. Gambling is legal and betting is legal, for what I bet.

57. Do I need my number retired throughout the course of the league to acknowledge what I've done? No.


58. For a competitive junkie like me, golf is a great solution because it smacks you in the face every time you think you have accomplished something. That to me has taken over a lot of the energy and competitiveness for basketball.

59. I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.

60. I do not have a problem, I enjoy gambling, but I think people are trying to make it seem like I have a problem, because people really don't know.


61. I know the signs of scaredness.


62. I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who loved challenges.

63. I wasn't really a work conscious type of person.

64. I want to play for years.

65. I've had tendinitis since college.


66. It is nerve-wracking watching my kids' games.

67. I will not quit this game because of what the media has done to me.

68. It's a habit of mine now, noticing labels, logos, shoes.

69. It's hard to say if the NBA is hurt by the influx of younger players, but it's definitely impacted the league.

70. It's absolutely wrong that I don't want guys to challenge me. And the people who say that aren't in the room.


71. Purchasing the Bobcats is the culmination of my post-playing career goal of becoming the majority owner of an NBA franchise.




72. Ultimately, if you can say that I'm a bad owner and we're winning championships, I can live with that. But if we're not making the playoffs and we're spending and losing money, then I have to look in the mirror and say maybe I'm not taking the necessary steps to doing what it takes to run an organization.


73. If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!



74. Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.

75. The minute you get away from fundamentals - whether its proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation - the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you're doing.


76. What is love? Love is playing every game as if it's your last!






77. My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.

78. The basketball court for me, during a game, is the most peaceful place I can imagine. On the basketball court, I worry about nothing. When I'm out there, no one can bother me...


79. Failure is acceptable, but not trying is a whole different ball park.




80. Every time I feel tired while I am exercising and training, I close my eyes to see that picture, to see that list with my name. This usually motivates me to work again.

81. The best come from the worst.


82. If nobody will help you, do it alone!



83. Not every flying hero has a cape.



84. If I had been playing for money I would have complained a long time ago that I was underpaid.



What do you think of Michael Jordan's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts