Yves Saint Laurent Quotes

1. I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.


2. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.

3. A good model can advance fashion by ten years.


4. Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?


5. I want to thank all the women who have worn my clothes, the famous and the unknown, who have been so faithful to me and given me so much joy.

6. Fashions fade, style is eternal.

7. Dressing is a way of life.

8. I adore America. It's an extraordinary country. A new country.


9. I am no longer concerned with sensation and innovation, but with the perfection of my style.

10. I couldn't love a woman who inspired me to be totally disinterested. If I fell in love with a woman for an artistic reason, or from the point of view of my work, I think it would rob her of something.

11. I'd really like to be in closer contact with life. I'm a little too distant, I guess. I like to place myself outside.


12. I'm so secluded. Very alone. 


13. It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion.


14. We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.

15. The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.

16. The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven't had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there.


17. A designer who is not also a couturier, who hasn't learned the most refined mysteries of physically creating his models, is like a sculptor who gives his drawings to another man, an artisan, to accomplish.



18. I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence.


19. Haute couture consists of secrets whispered from generation to generation…If, in ready-to-wear, a garment is manufactured according to standard sizes, the haute couture garment adapts to any imperfection in order to eliminate it.

20. I love bows…And I feel some couture pots coming on.




What do you think of Yves Saint Laurent quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts