David Beckham Quotes

1. I don't think I'm really in a situation to complain, because I consider myself to be privileged to be doing what I do.


2. Everyone's been so quick to say that I'm really thick or I haven't got a brain. People will think whatever they want to think.


3. I have got this obsessive compulsive disorder where I have to have everything in a straight line, or everything has to be in pairs.


4. Every situation has changed me as a person.

5. My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.


6. Soccer is a magical game.


7. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

8. Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.

9. Tom Cruise, he's a lot more famous than me.

10. I am happier now than I have ever been.


11. When you have kids you do grow up. I have just started realizing it now-it changes the world, having children.

12. Being at a club that supported me meant a lot.

13. I always wanted to be a hairdresser.

14. I like nice clothes, whether they're dodgy or not.


15. I have always found it an honor that people have wanted to buy my shirt and an honor that fans turn up to watch the team I am playing in. I have always found that a huge honor.


16. I love little kids looking up to me, young players looking up to me, respecting me.


17. I still look at myself and want to improve.

18. I love scoring goals for England and playing for England. That's one of the reasons I didn't retire - I love playing for my country.

19. I wasn't as fit as I would of liked to have been, going to the World Cup, but I'm not sure what difference that made.


20. I've felt a little tired, but I'm only 24. I love playing football. That's my job and that's what I love doing.


21. Kids can have great passion and great ability but if you have the facilities for your particular sport that can give you the inspiration to become a sportsman.

22. Nothing amazes me anymore.

23. My private life is perfect. If your private life and your life outside football is good, then it is good on the field for you.


24. People react to criticism in different ways, and my way is definitely to come out fighting.





25. The buzz is still with me. I get goose bumps.

26. The spotlight will always be on me, but it's something I'm learning to live with as the years go by.


27. There's room for boys' and girls' football in the world-that's what I believe.

28. We stay as a team. I might be England captain, but that doesn't mean I get treated differently.

29. We've been asked to do "Playboy" together, me and Victoria, as a pair. I don't think I'll ever go naked, but I'll never say never.


30. Throughout my career I have been pretty successful, I've played for some pretty big teams, represented my country quite a few times, and played for managers without sentiment.


31. With United, we'd all grown up together, we all wanted to win the biggest trophy in football. We did it together.


32. You eat right, you play right.








33. I can't walk around the house naked any more now that we have a daughter. I'm still OK in underwear, but not naked. With the boys it wasn't a problem as they're naked all of the time. But now with a daughter, the naked days are over.


34. I always used to go for blondes and quiet girls, but Victoria is the total opposite, dark and loud.

35. My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven.

36. It's different having a little girl. She's elegant. She sleeps in an elegant position. She's the cutest thing. I can't wait to get home to see her.


37. I had many years, many successful years playing under Sir Alex Ferguson. I wouldn't be in the position I am today if it wasn't for him, because he gave me a chance when I was 16, 17 years old and he had the faith to give youngsters a chance. I owe him a lot. He was a father figure to me for many years.

38. It's amazing, being married to Victoria, because I'm in love with her...and I can also go into her room and use all the body creams and facial creams.




39. I'm happy in Madrid, my kids are happy and my wife is happy, so everything's good. If anyone knows about contracts they take a while to sort out.


40. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

41. The England team should be managed by an English manager.


42. I dream a lot about football and a lot of them have come true for me.

43. Whenever Manchester United lose people always say there's a crisis.


44. As a footballer you always want to test yourself against the best.

45. In Spain people have lunch and dinner a lot later - when I return to England I'll have to eat alone at midnight.

46. I like Victoria for herself, not for nothing else. I'd like her if she worked in Tesco.


47. At home things are hard. For instance, my curtains are never open, I get no privacy at all. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw daylight in my house.




48. I definitely want (my son) Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.



49. People can say what they like. But me and Victoria will always stay together as husband and wife.






50. I think the most important goal I scored in Spain was the first one because people were wary about me coming over to Spain as a player - they thought I was just there to sell shirts.


51. Joining Real Madrid is a dream come true.





52. (on Real Madrid) To experience playing and being in the same team as these players is something that might not ever happen again - to have so many players in one team. I just wanted to be one of these stars and play in this team.

53. (denying any affair with his former personal assistant, Rebecca Loos) During the past few months, I have become accustomed to reading more and more ludicrous stories about my private life. The simple truth is that I am very happily married, have a wonderful wife and two very special kids. There is nothing that any third party can do to change these facts


54. Pelé was a complete player. I didn't see him live obviously, because I wasn't born.





55. I have come to accept that if I have a new haircut it is front page news. But having a picture of my foot on the front page of a national newspaper is a bit exceptional.

56. You can practice penalties till the cows come home but it is different when you are out there in front of 60,000 people and the pressure is on.


57. (when asked if he thought that he was a volatile player) Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.




58. The way I and my family have been treated is an absolute disgrace. At the end of the day, I'm a nice person and loving husband and father. I've been called a bad father, I've been called a bad husband and my wife has been called a bad mother. Things always hurt that are said about my family, and for people to call my wife a bad mother is unbelievable. I'm a strong person, I'm a strong family man, I'm a strong husband and a strong father.


59. If someone had said in 1998 after my sending off in the World Cup that I would be leading my country out within three years I would have laughed in their face.

60. It's one thing I like about America - they respect the sportsman. They put them up on a pedestal. They don't try to knock them down. And that's a great thing, to be respected by the whole country. It's so patriotic!


What do you think of David Beckham's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts