Ralph Lauren Quotes

1. The fabrics, whether it be hand-painted prints at the end, or whether it be new knits and stretch fabrics…sort of make the whole world.


2. I had always loved the look of the old English gentleman who dressed in class and style, who knew what he was wearing but acted like he didn't care. That's the image I wanted. I loved fashion and wore clothes well, but had no idea I could use that in terms of a career.


3. I am not looking like Armani today and somebody else tomorrow. I look like Ralph Lauren. And my goal is to constantly move in fashion and move in style without giving up what I am.




4. Ralph Lauren Blue Label as I'm gettin high. Triple deam dreamin as the cream multiples.

5. People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams.


6. I think the accessories look very modern and very exciting. These big earrings, these big hoops. I think the girls are sort of falling in love with...collars, neck collars.


7. Knowledge is not a passion from without the mind, but an active exertion of the inward strength, vigor and power of the mind, displaying itself from within.


8. We're making a major move of the Internet, and runway.polo.com is a natural extension of both polo.com and our collection business.

9. I started in the men's business, so I always sort of have a touch of menswear in terms of where I'm going…And I think one of the sexiest looks for women, instead of wearing a low cut thing, sometimes a man's suit is more.

10. All the kinds of things… contrary to what the look is…I could do a high heel with a jumpsuit, or I might do a gown with a desert boot. So it's, again, the contradiction.


11. We are pleased with our performance in the quarter, given the challenging economic environment… We continue to strive to be an innovator in the industry by constantly updating our products and merchandise as we seek new customers, while remaining faithful to the traditional Polo customer. This strategy, balanced with sound business practices in a competitive marketplace, is what built Polo Ralph Lauren and made it a leader for three decades, and this strategy will take us into the next decade.

12. I wanted to show the dimension and the international image of my work.






13. I've always been about style for people, not: "You're going to wear this outfit"…It was the way you put yourself together and the imagination, not buying this number off the rack, but the way you wear it.


14. There is a short length that I'm doing…and I'm doing some cropped pants and some long dresses and long skirts at the same time.

15. I like things that are worn. I don't like newness…I still wear old things. And I wear new things. And the old things that I love are non-fashion. There's a timeless quality and an unfashionable sensibility… they're utility, the things you wear to work in, they're things that have sort of an honesty.



16. Fashion is about change. It's about youth. It's about aspiration. It's about what's going on in the world. It's a blend of many things that are happening. Coming from many different directions. You have to be tuned in all the time.


17. I've always believed one could live many lives through the way we dress and the places we travel to, even if just in our imagination. The world is open to us, and each day is an occasion to reinvent ourselves.







18. I'm not about fantasies. I think I'm about quality and realness and earthiness and anti-fashion. I'm not about fashion. I'm about things that you own and keep that you cherish. I don't throw out my clothes. They get better with age.


19. I don't design clothes, I design dreams.

20. I think where we are in our time right now, everything has gotten homogenized, (and) I felt that the sort of self- expression was very important.

21. Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It's not about brands. It's about something else that comes from within you.

22. For me, luxury is a sensibility, an approach to life. It's not about the season's newest anything. It's about personal style and creating an environment of comfort and ease. Luxury is quality and timeless elegance.


23. So what I believe in is this timelessness of some of these things. The timelessness of an attitude. The timelessness of an old tweed jacket and suede elbow patches.









24. I think today, the world is one. Fashion comes from all over - from Japan, it comes from America, it comes from France, it comes from Italy, it comes from people on the streets. Fashion is all over the place. And the world is exciting now because so many things are happening at once.


25. I have a vision for living. It's about elements of style. It's about all the things that I love, that I believe in.

26. They know they're going to look beautiful, and I don't think women should look like costumes. They shouldn't look like fashion victims.

27. For me, style is about quality, integrity and timelessness. It is free of trends but always feels fresh and new.

28. Don't be today's look. Be a look that's timeless. Don't try to be yesterday's news.


29. I was influenced by British fashion, but not fashion. British people. You know, I think I've always been interested in the person and how they live and what their style is.

30. I think I've always loved England because it was non-fashion. It was timeless. It was not about what was the latest new sleekness. It was about weathering and those things that get better with age.

31. Personal style has to do with your own confidence. And the sense of knowing what looks good on you, and a way of expressing your individuality. Putting yourself together in an individual statement is what I most admire. And when you have confidence, I think it shows.


32. Personal style is about a sense of yourself, a sense of what you believe in and wearing what you like.





33. It's the kind of clothes that mothers and daughters can wear, in terms of concept...It's not about age. It's about taste, and it's about lifestyle. I believe women of all ages can wear anything.


34. It's easier to follow fashion than it is to have personal style.






35. Fashion is very transient. It is trends that come and go. For me, it's about timelessness and about style. A sort of non-fashion statement that's very stylish. That's what I'm about.


36. It's your choice to decide what looks good on you. What world you fit in. What do you feel about that. And don't be afraid of having to be one look. Be anything you want to be. And be many things.

37. I started with the origins of tradition, but I was not bound by it.


38. I try to project a constant sensibility about life. To me, the clothing is not - it's not just clothes. It's how you live and what your dreams are…I'm always designing clothes for those dreams.

39. My dreams are my work. I design out of the things that I love.

40. My ideas come from life; they come from work; they come from everyday living.

41. I try to design into a world that is constantly moving, and moving me.


42. The excitement for me of being in this business is not following, it's leading and having an inspiration. I've given all my feelings out in terms of my clothes. I feel like I write through my clothes.

43. To design without fashion in mind, to design something legendary that has a sense of timelessness, a foreverness that still excites us, is what I aspire to.


44. Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.

45. Classic, to me, is something that's timeless, enduring. The things that never go out of style. Polo, the kinds of clothes I design are the kinds of things I believe in, the kinds of things that last forever. I love things that stay.


46. I don't want to be this year's fashion. I want to be forever. The kinds of clothes I design are the kinds of clothes that are timeless. I don't want to be last year's look. So in concept of my designing, I'm always very conscious of the timelessness and of not being trendy.

47. I like romance, I like glamour and I like realism. I think that's a great combination.

48. I've never wanted to be in fashion. Because if you're in fashion, you're going to be out of fashion.


49. The way I do collections and what inspires me is a story or theme that gets to me…that says I know how to build this. I don't build a collection from the sleeve or from a specific fabric. I build it out of a dream.

50. When I create a collection, I approach it with a cinematic point of view - I am not designing clothes, I'm creating a world.


51. Every time I design clothes, I'm making a movie.





52. Glamour is an attitude - it's the expression of a certain kind of confidence. A glamorous woman is always elegant, but she also possesses an air of mystery and excitement. She's dramatic - almost untouchable.

53. My point of view is I'm designing for the person who buys the clothes, and I'm filling their world, and I'm not making a dress, I'm making a dress for them.


54. I know I have a signature. I know there's a New England sensibility. I know there's a cowboy sensibility. I think there's a sports sensibility. They're all mixed. But they all come from non-fashion. They all have an origin of being natural, timeless, real - comfortable sensibilities.

55. I am constantly drawing inspiration from everything I see - the places I travel, the people I know and the movies I see.








56. I have always been inspired by the dream of America - families in the country, weathered trucks and farmhouses; sailing off the coast of Maine; following dirt roads in an old wood-paneled station wagon; a convertible filled with young college kids sporting crew cuts and sweatshirts and frayed sneakers.


What do you think of Ralph Lauren's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts