Kim Cattrall Quotes

1. Men cheat for the same reason that dogs lick their balls...because they can.


2. I try not to listen to the shoulds or coulds, and try to get beyond expectations, peer pressure, or trying to please - and just listen. I believe all the answers are ultimately within us.


3. Practically all the relationships I know are based on a foundation of lies and mutually accepted delusion.


4. Art is an expression of who you are. Parts that I play are my sculptures.

5. I'm so lucky to have a career in my fifties. And to still have the desire to do it. I don't think about retirement.


6. I realized that so much of the pressure I was feeling was from outside sources, and I knew I wasn't ready to take that step into motherhood. Being a biological mother just isn`t part of my experience this time around. Being a biological mother just isn't part of my experience this time around. However, I am a mother who continues to give birth to ideas and ways of experiencing life that challenge the norm.

7. Being a gossip reporter just isn't a respectable job. It'll chew you up and spit you out.


8. I always assumed that like my mother before me, one day I would have children.



9. I don't read reviews because if they're bad I'm devastated and if they're good I get a big head.

10. I am no size zero or super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.


11. I don't know many women who can relate to Sharon Stone and the kind of movies she does. I don't know a lot of guys who can relate to Tom Cruise's movies because they're on a kind of fantastic level.

12. I first wanted to be an actress after seeing a play - not a movie.


13. I had a great time in my youth and I still feel youthful. I've no desire to look as though I'm in my 20s.


14. I haven't played a lot of wallflowers but I have played women who have been vulnerable.

15. I like movies I can relate to.

16. I like my life. It's good.

17. I prefer younger men. In some ways, they are much more open to a woman being stronger and independent than some of the men my age.


18. I sort of have a love affair with my work. Many of us work far too hard and we don't put enough value in the epicurean, sensual part of life.





19. I think the wonderful thing about doing theater is that it's more of an actor's medium. I think that film is more of a director's medium. You can't edit something out on stage. It's there.


20. I'm certainly not a prude.


21. I'm a trisexual. I'll try anything once.

22. I'm not a personality actress. I never have been. I have been a character actress.

23. I'm smart with my money, I invest conservatively. I don't mind paying top-dollar, but I don't want to get ripped off.


24. I've always thought that less was a lot more.

25.  I've been playing sexually aware women most of my life. At this point I expected to be playing moms and wives. It's exciting to play a femme fatale.


26. If you stick with a vision, it might not all work, but some of it will be absolute genius. To me, 15 minutes worth of absolute genius in a film is so much better than two hours of mediocrity. I would rather pay to see something different like that.

27. In my life and career I want to embrace ageing because I think that's what's interesting.


28. It's your body, your life. Do what you want to do.

29. My curiosity and my appetite for evolving as an actor is one of the main components of me still working today in the business.


30. My experiences in film and theatre in the States have been much more rigorous-in England there's an environment of: "Let's try this".

31. My film career was always to support my theater career.

32. Really rejoice in being yourself. Have your own drumbeat.


33. Since doing the show I've been so busy that I've not really had time to mope.


34. That's what life is - you follow where your heart leads you - at least I do.

35. The first professional play I ever saw was "The Importance Of Being Earnest", and I just fell in love.

36. Talented people are written off once they hit their 50s and 60s, and the saddest thing is, we just get better as we get older.


37. The roles for women in theatre are much better than they are in film.


38. Theatre can't be done again and again and again and again - it's organic.



39. There are many ways to be a mother. I have a lot of young actors I mentor, and my nieces and my nephews need a lot of love.

40. When I feel lost and can't make a decision, I just stop and get quiet. I take a time-out.


41. There's a positive side to film and television, the sense of feeding into the theater...Your fans will follow you, hopefully, and be open-minded to see you play other things and experience other stories you want to tell.

42. When I got out of my twenties I stopped playing women that were victims. I like playing women who are strong and have a peace of mind.

43. When you're filming, you work 19-hour days and you know more about what's going on with your crew and co-workers than you do with your husband. You're away, you miss things. It's taxing. Relationships fail because of it.


44. You have to be desirable. And that's why so many woman of my age or even younger are pushed to Botox and plastic surgery, all the things that people say: "Why do women do this?" Where do you go in your 50s in your career?



45. Your dressing area should be your private space.

46. I'm finding now in my 40s that the less makeup I wear, the better. I think softer is better as you get older. With everything. Except men.


47. There are so many avenues of performing. I'm not interested in the form of musical theater unless it's something like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (1975), which is a blast.


48. (on "Sex and the City" 1998) The show is celebrating what it's like to be a woman. We do things people think about but don't vocalize. It gives men and women permission to talk in a way that is healthy.


49. (on her role in Crossroads 2002, where she plays Britney Spears' mother, who abandons her daughter as a baby and later rejects her as a teen) It was one of the hardest jobs in my life. I had to be mean to Britney Spears. She is such a little Southern sweetie who is only 20. She was so nervous and so well-prepared, and I had to reject her on screen because I'm her horrible mother who has left her.

50. People search me out, whether it's on a beach in Australia or walking down the street in New York, running after me and crying: "I had cancer diagnosed when your character was going through it, and you saved my emotional state at the time because I felt frozen". It's both amazing and devastating, because as an actress I imagined what it would be like - but these women's hair actually did fall out, they didn't have skullcaps and make-up.

51. (on "Sex and the City" 1998) The scene where Samantha takes her wig off when she is suffering from breast cancer, and throws it across the room wasn't in the script, it was something spontaneous I did. Samantha's wigs became just another accessory. We didn't want the storyline to feel like "Oh my God, we're going to get her head shaved". Despite what was happening to her, we felt that her character could withstand it and so you went through it with her. She carried off the afro wigs, the pink wigs, it was really fun. Obviously, there was a serious side to that storyline, as well, and I got some very intimate responses.

52. The clothes in "Sex and the City" (1998) were a blast! My favorite part was working with Patricia Field, the costume designer. It was just insane. My wardrobe was more outrageous than raunchy. Yes, the colors were bright and the necklines were super-low, but my behavior was more daring than my wardrobe. I think some of the other characters' choices were more: "Soho trash queens", but Samantha was a professional woman who worked and lived uptown, so she was always well put together. For the first season, I had a connection at Yves Saint-Laurent, and I wore YSL suits with a brooch or a hat, or a bag that was kind of fun or zing, but never too raunchy.

53. What I wear is a reflection of where I am going and how I am feeling. If I'm in a good mood, it's got to be cashmere and jeans - just something comfy, soft and warm. When I'm down I might find something that I haven't worn for a while that was bought for me - or wear a brooch or a pair of shoes that are like old friends. If you look closely, you know a lot about someone by what they wear. Costumes are like fitting into a skin, whatever the period is, and I have never played anyone that had actually existed before, so my role in "My Boy Jack" was really exciting.

54. I'm 51 and I think I look my age, but I don't want to be 20 any more or even 30 or 40. Besides, I'm too terrified to get any proper work so I've had just little things done. I have a big crease between my eyebrows and I use Botox to get rid of that, but that's kind of it. I'm scared of surgery because I don't want to look in the mirror and not recognize who's looking back. I don't want to be in a room, and to have people turn when I leave and say: "What happened?"

55. I've seen some women who are not particularly attractive but they have an assurance, and there's something so attractive about someone who doesn't have to work so hard. Still, I really like it when my boyfriend makes suggestions about what I wear. I like him going into the closet and taking out the cowboy boots, and finding the white jeans, and sometimes I'll be wearing my hair up and he'll say: "you know what, put the ponytail a little higher".


56. I tend to look somewhere other than the media for my definition of what is beautiful. Is that a heavily retouched 18-year-old or a 40-year-old on that front cover? I don't think so; nobody looks like that. I look at people such as Helen Mirren or Judi Dench, these amazing women who look great, but they look like their age, and I think why would anyone want to lower themselves to look like an alien? Sex appeal is all about confidence, and that comes from self-knowledge.

57. I'm inspired by actresses like Lucille Ball and Marilyn Monroe. You can't teach what they do.




58. There's no better feeling than when you know that you're going to be on stage each night, trying to make the part better and different for an audience. That's just the way I am. I don't think I'm going to change now.

59. It's no use saying (the cast of "Sex and the City" 1998) are best friends - because we're not. And most of my work has been outside New York, so I haven't been around. They'd have had to travel to see me and nobody did. But it felt like no time had passed when we met up again, even though everyone seemed nerve-racked.


60. When I finally expressed my sexual frustrations to girlfriends, to my amazement many of them were going through the same problems. You just can't tell, because it's not widely discussed. It takes a lot of courage to admit, even to yourself, that you're not getting satisfaction from your husband or boyfriend.

61. (on signing, at age 18, a long-term contract with Otto Preminger) It was an archaic system. You were, basically, under the control of one man and his whims. He wasn't easy and it wasn't an easy time. He wasn't a nurturing director and I thought: "Maybe I don't want to be a film actor, after all."



62. (on the end of "Sex and the City" 1998) My job came to an end, and it was awful to say goodbye to such a great character. As far as I was concerned, I was sacked. It was the end. I had dedicated myself to the show, doing countless 17-hour days, and I had detached myself from (then-husband) Mark Levinson.


63. I would like to be a part, as much as I can, of the voting process.





64. Yes ladies. I am a lesbian.

65. People assume that for me to play a sexually open character like Samantha, I must have had fabulous sex for most of my life.


66. I will wear whatever and blow whomever I want as long as I can breathe and kneel.





67. Whenever I go to bars in London, people send me over Cosmopolitans. It's a very sweet gesture, but I don't like them, so they just sit there.

68. (Imagination) helps me to become part of that journey that I'm going through in font of the camera, or in front of an audience. I used to think you had to disappear within a character, but I find that puts a mask on what I do.


69. Be damn sure before you get off the ferris wheel, because there are twenty-two perky and ruthless women waiting to get on.

70. In film, the possibilities are greater. You can go beyond the fourth wall. You can go to these incredible locations and you're put into circumstances that are physically sensuous. It sometimes requires much more of a physical talent.

71. He's a guy. They don't talk, they fight. It's all that crazy testosterone.

72. I'm always shopping. Lucky for me, I shop for two: me and Samantha.


What do you think of Kim Cattrall's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts