Lynda Carter Quotes

1. I want to do everything right now! This very minute. I am impatient, but yes I have goals. To be a real well-respected actress whom people know they can rely on to do a good job...whether they like me as a person or not!


2. I just want my audiences to be entertained and feel like they're part of the show. I want to show them a good time and create an experience they're going to enjoy.


3. I try to avoid cheese, dairy and a lot of meat, but I do like them.

4. I'm an adventurer and I enjoy all types of things, and eating is a part of that. It's just too bad we have to watch what we eat.

5. My only interest in women's clothes is what's underneath them.

6. People always want me to talk about "Wonder Woman", so I do.

7. You want to see women your own age in films.


8. I'm thrilled that "Wonder Woman" and that character endures because every actor wants a role that has some positive affect and causes people to smile or have good memories and to endure. It doesn't just go away, fade away. It's been 25 years that it's been off the air and so it still surprises me when younger people recognize me or know my work.

9. We did an episode where there was a bunch of football players, and I've forgotten exactly what happened, but they all sort of go crazy and "Wonder Woman" has to go in and flip them and do this and do that. I'd been working with these stunt people for a lot of years. And the director comes over: "OK, now Lynda's is going to come over here, and she will just flip you right other here". But there will be a mattress. He (Bubba Smith) said: "Ain't no woman gonna flip me!" He said: "Forget it". And I said - he said, she couldn't do it if she tried. And so I just - I kind of winked at the cameraman. And they started rolling. I said, let me just try. And they start rolling. He didn't know it was rolling. And it's just leverage, really. I threw him. Whoop…Well, it was a great, great take because they got him flying through the air with this most stunned expression.

10. "Wonder Woman" struck a chord that no one expected.


11. We moved around a lot at first as a kid, and then I was on the road at 17, and new in town by the time I got to LA, and then famous again with that whirlwind. I did really want substance in my life, and when I stopped with the road for my children, it was really because I didn't want to miss out. It wasn't just selflessness. I didn't want to miss out on that.

12. People have tried to put me in a box my whole life. I'm too tall. I'm too pretty. Too Miss USA. "Wonder Woman". Prettiest woman in the world. And all of that. It doesn't matter because I've gone my own way and have tried to approach my career from a gut level, doing what I thought was right.



13. It never really felt like I had a lot of substance in my life. I had broken up with my former husband (Ron Samuels) and I kind of looked around. I didn't have a lot of friends. I had become isolated by fame. I longed for a family and some substantive relationships. Fame is a vapor. You can't grab hold of it.


14. I will say that going to these meetings and things, you know, I thought that, you know, be in a room with a bunch of drunk people. Ugh! I can't do that. And the truth is, it is the cheapest therapy that you could ever get. You're in a group of people that are from all walks of life, you know. Some guy that's got, you know, construction stuff on and dust still on, to a person that's the CEO of a company. And it's a common - it's a common abyss that you shared.

15. When I got "Wonder Woman" I made a couple of decisions. The first one was that I wanted to discover who she was, not what her powers were, not what the storyline was or whether it was a Nazi or whatever kind of bad guy there was, but really who she is. And in reading all the research and how they came up with the character way back in the '40's, it was to give girls their own hero so that it wasn't just Batman and Superman and all the rest of them that were out there during World War II. She came from an island where all the women could do the same things, and she had to compete against her sisters, her fellow Amazonians and so it was her will in going against her mother which we can all identify with when you're a teenager or whatever, not wanting to do what your mom wants you to do necessarily. So it gave me the idea that she was a real force and that she had her own ideas about things, and she didn't think that she was all that. She just really saw a need like so many women do and I've discovered that the archetype of "Wonder Woman" really lives in all of us. She had the goddess within. It's who we really are. That secret self that yearns to be out and that we hope is appreciated and even if it isn't we still do what do.

16. It's not too bad to be a sort of pop icon, you know? It's not too tough to handle.

17. I hope that I have a body of work by the time that I'm done with all of this that I'm proud of. Certainly the cornerstone will always be "Wonder Woman" and I love her.


18. At this time in my life, I'm not so interested in playing the same TV movie again about toxic waste or anorexic children. I'm much more interested in going outside of the box.



19. I was also happy to see girls represented in this superhero thing all the way through.


20. It's not about guys falling all over themselves, because she would just whack them on the head and say "Get a grip!"






21. I first walked into the costume designer and saw she had short shoes, tweed jacket, little bun and glasses.

22. I told him…she can't be a shrinking violet. You cast me! It's not just somebody else. It's me! Let's just bomb her out.


23. As my children get older and these things come my way, it's exciting.






24. Having them go to these premieres with me and tell me that they are proud of me is pretty cool.

25. Nothing can trump that trial. It was hard on me, hard on the family - very difficult for all of us. But we weathered the storm, and we are closer and better and have a keener sense of what is valuable in life.


26. My husband was a saint. I was there for him, and he was there for me, and we love each other.

27. If I have to have any more boob shots I'm going to shoot myself.

28. Warner Bros owns "Wonder Woman" and they need permission for every little thing you do… Unfortunately they didn't want them stepping on the character that they own.


29. I've been working for so long…it's nice to be doing a role in which there are so many dimensions. She's got quite a character arc. That's always wonderful, instead of just playing that same old heroine that I always play - save the day, save the day. I'm not saving the day.





30. It all depends on the ratings. You know, never. It's possible. I'm not dead, so who knows? This character's got a lot of ways to go. She's a perfect narcissist and self-involved. Her worth was her beauty, and in this episode, she's learning that she's not all that anymore, but she still thinks she is.


31. It's sometimes overshadowed by the fact that there's so much else going on and so much flash, but he won't do anything if he doesn't feel the characters are strong.

32. Someone without a lot of fame baggage is important.

33. I don't know that the people that are doing "Wonder Woman" are too interested in my point of view.

34. (Sky High) was like my high school. I wasn't part of the "in group" and that was so painful. It's a difficult time of life. I wouldn't go back for anything.


35. I've been in recovery for nine years. I describe the experience as like being an unwilling participant with alcoholism. The whole experience is very frightening and I know it's a big problem here like it is back home. It's a scary situation to be in. I'm just trying to do my bit and let people know that they're not alone if they're going through it. If I can help them out, do the work I love to do and spend the rest of my time with friends and family, enjoying my time with the people I love, then that's what it's all about.

36. (when told by an interviewer that he owned a copy of her solo record album "Portrait") Oh my God. You and three other people.




37. Mexican food is my weakness. Thank God I live in Washington where it's horrible. They put in some tomatoes and bell peppers and call it salsa!

38. (on life before "Wonder Woman") To tell you the truth, I couldn't pay my next month's rent when I got the part. I was thrilled to have a pilot of my own.


39. I won't consider myself a star until I've had more experience. I think the real stars are people like Streisand, Brando, Dustin Hoffman, HepburnHepburn is my favorite. She epitomizes to me what a star should be.





40. (on the "Wonder Woman" TV series being updated from World War II) I think they (CBS) wanted to retool it and modernize it when they bought it, so they weren't just buying the same show.


41. (regarding her years as a born again Christian) I kinda gave that up. I kinda got burned out, going around and banging on people's doors and telling them what to believe. I mean, what's that all about?






42. Some of the best memories of my childhood were of being with my grandmother when she was making tortillas, having to cut the tripe when she made menudo, or sorting the sticks and stones out of the beans on her table.

43. (on characterizing "Wonder Woman") I tried to play her like a regular woman who just happened to have superhuman powers. I figured she'd lived with it every day of her life.


44. (when asked if she made a profit from the "Wonder Woman" dolls) I think that you're probably familiar with a problem in Hollywood, and that is that they market you and they use you. They did a mask of my face and put it on the doll and they put my name on for the first run of it. And then they took my name off and said they didn't have to pay me anymore. So it's the kind of thing that you can be used SO much in this industry. I make nothing. I don't even make anything from the reruns. Don't ever settle for net profits. It's called "Creative Accounting".

45. I think I was much better in the part when it was modernized. The series matured as it went along.



46. (on hanging from the helicopter for an episode of "Wonder Woman") The stunt girl was about to go under it and I said: "Oh, I can do this!" I ran under and they went up, and when the producers found out about it, they went ballistic.

47. I'm 5' 9, but most people think I'm about 6 feet tall. It's because I have very long legs.


48. I really loved doing the stunts. I had a lot of stunt women, because they all did something different, but I ended up doing most of the fights myself. The stunt guys taught me how to throw a punch, and eventually I became an honorary member of the "Stunt Women's Association".


What do you think of Lynda Carter's quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts