"Glee" Star Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston !

Amber Riley's Glee cover of "I Will Always Love You" by the late Whitney Houston has been unveiled.



The 25-year-old's character Mercedes Jones performed the track in the Fox sitcom's Valentine's Day special, which aired in the US last night.

Riley's tribute had been planned long before Houston passed away at the Beverly Hilton this weekend at the age of 48. 

As previously reported, the episode was tweaked to pay tribute to Whitney Houston, with the show closing on a title card reading: "Whitney Houston 1963-2012. We will always love you."




After watching her Glee performance, Riley wrote on Twitter: "Ok I got through it, only minimal tears. I hope you are proud Ms. Houston. :) thanks guys for the kind words."

Her co-star Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) also praised Riley's rendition on the social networking site, telling her: "'I Will Always Love You,' best part of my life. Ms. Houston is bragging about you in heaven."




Speaking about her adoration for Houston at this weekend's Grammy Awards, Riley explained: "Whitney's music meant so very much to me. I was very very choked-up when I heard about her passing.

"I'd grown up listening to her voice ringing out throughout our household. I'm so speechless, I can't believe that she passed."

How did you find Riley's tribute to Whitney Houston?

For me it was awesome. I could even say that it was by far better than Jennifer Hudson's rendition at the Grammys!

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts