Nicole Kidman "Keith Urban Gave Me Confidence"

Now that Keith Urban is on the judges' panel of "American Idol," Nicole Kidman has been spending more time with her children. "Harper's Bazaar" magazine caught up with Nicole Kidman at a Nashville café, where she opened up about the Tom Cruise years, struggling to manage a work-family balance.



"I attach, I attach so deeply that it's quite scary for me," Kidman admits.


Nicole was very revealing. She has talked about her relationship with Tom Cruise,  whom she met on the set of "Days of Thunder". Then began the period she now refers to as "fame by association." In those early years: "It was like: "I'm here and I'm clutching onto your arm, and it all feels a little overwhelming and really strange,"" Nicole expains. "And I was shy. Deeply shy. I didn't feel comfortable at all. But I felt very comfortable at home."

Kidman met Urban in 2005 and the couple have been married for six years. "He just gave me confidence," Nicole was quoted as saying, "through just being very kind to me and understanding me, opening me up to trying things, my sexuality, those sorts of things." After the adventure of Cruise, Kidman characterizes Urban as "more like an ocean; he took me out." She has always appreciated "a bigger, stronger personality; that's what I've been drawn to. I need protection. Everyone wants to feel someone's got their back."

For more details check out what Nicole had to say in the  magazine's November issue: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/cover/nicole-kidman-interview-1112?link=rel&dom=msn_ent&src=syn&mag=har#slide-1

Photo credit: Terry Richardson


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts