Lisa Rinna Lip Surgery

Lisa Rinna's lips have undeniably attracted a lot of attention over the years - sadly unflattering... Thankfully, one person had no issue with her famously trout pout: her husband, Harry Hamlin.





"What got me about Lisa was her eyes, not her lips," revealed Hamlin, who married Rinna in 1997. "So I spent most of my time looking at those."


Hamlin claims he didn't notice as, over the years, Rinna's top lip became swollen and bumpy.





Just in case you are wondering what really happened to Lisa Rinna's lips, the answer is that Lisa made the mistake of undergoing lip surgery (silicone injections into the upper lip) when she was 25, which later has caused a scar tissue. 


"Whatever change took place was so gradual, it never registered for me," admitted Hamlin to People magazine, adding that when kissing his wife, her mouth always "felt soft and supple." 


It has to be noted that Rinna swore she'd never touch her lips again. She obviously changed her mind as on August 26, 2010, Lisa Rinna underwent lip reduction surgery
in an effort to fix her botched trout pout.


"My lips started to define who I am. That bothered me." Rinna, 49, told People about why she made the decision to undergo the operation.  


 The truth is that all this negative public reaction to Rinna's mouth deeply hurt her feelings. After finally admitting that in 1986 she had silicone injected into her upper lip - an impulsive decision she made with a girlfriend - Rinna was quoted as saying: "I took a big hit for being honest. It gave everyone online permission to lambaste me. It hurt my feelings."


Now that Rinna has a new upper lip, she feels very excited about the result. "It doesn't matter what other people think," Rinna revealed. "I did it for myself."


As a result of the procedure, Rinna claimed, rather than feeling "bumpy and uneven … my lip has no lumps! It's smooth."

Rinna's mouth was swollen from the procedure and required six months to heal fully. "It's a work in progress," admitted Rinna, "but I feel fantastic."



"My lip is healing, so we've had to be pretty ginger about it," Rinna continued. "No crazy makeout sessions - yet!"

Going under the knife is "never a good thing, in my opinion," stated Lisa Rinna's husband. "I understand it from a woman's point of view. But plastic surgery is just an extension of that whole "let's stay fresh and young" vibe. Me, I'm just gonna get old and haggard. But I love Lisa no matter what - whether she has plastic surgery or not, or she's gray or saggy. It's the long haul here."



It has to be mentioned that Rinna faced then her husband's doubts regarding lip reduction surgery. Rinna admitted: "I knew Harry would say: "Don't touch it, don't mess with it." He was like: "Maybe you should just leave it alone." He loves me the way I am." 



Rinna's plastic surgeon is Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Garth Fisher who removed some of the tissue containing silicone that had seeped throughout Rinna's lip and re-contoured the rest, decreasing the lip's volume by at least 30 percent.
What do you think of Lisa Rinna's lip surgery?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts