Amanda Lear Quotes

1. I am not interested in releasing best of stuff and I have not given my permission. You release best of packages when you're a has-been and have nothing new to offer.



2. I hate to spread rumors, but what else can one do with them?

3. I've tried to tell a story. For me, it is the best one.

4. My talk show takes place in bed, in Italy.

5. I was in a strass dress in front of 15,000 people. I kept an excellent memory of it. 


6. I like to meet celebrities. But you are disappointed every time. They are shorter than you think. They are older than you think. They are not as nice as you think. Their image very, very seldom corresponds completely to the real thing.



7. I'd grown up thinking I was ugly, ugly, ugly. I was much too tall, I was much too skinny, I was flat-chested, I had my mother's Asian eyes and cheekbones so I looked foreign compared to all my girlfriends, my mouth was too big and my teeth were too big so I never smiled. And then Françoise Hardy had her breakthrough in France and everything suddenly changed. Before her you were supposed to look like Brigitte Bardot, blonde, curvy and busty. But I was about twenty when people started telling me: "You know what, you look a little like Françoise Hardy, you could be a model" and then out of the blue this famous woman, the great Catherine Harlé turns up. By sheer accident she happened to see me in the street in Paris and asked me if I wanted to be a fashion model and I thought she was joking! And she said: "No, no, no, you're exactly the type of girl we're looking for" and all of a sudden all of these flaws, all the things I'd been so ashamed of, became my greatest assets. By sheer accident, as most things in my career. (on her modeling career)


8. In Italy I'm big because they're all so sex-obsessed. In Germany I succeeded because they've been waiting for someone like Marlene Dietrich to come along ever since the war. I played on their need for a drunken, nightclubbing vamp. And I've won the gays, who are crucial because they have all the best discos, entirely because of the extraordinary legends about me.

9. The Germans told me: "We're going to conquer the world!" and I don't regret working with a German record company at all, because for my career it was great, but they wanted to control me, direct me and restrict me. They wanted absolute discipline and that's not the life for me, so after a few years of that I wanted out.


10. People only know me as a celebrity in show business. They don’t know how much more important art is to me compared to makeup and set costumes. Show business pays the rent, but painting is my only true passion, so I define myself as a painter who works in show business.


11. It surprises me that the younger generations keep re-discovering this type of music, over and over again. They really seem to like these old recordings, still after such a long time. Perhaps they weren't so bad after all. (on her 1970s disco work)






What do you think of Amanda Lear's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts