Finola Hughes Quotes

1. At home we have two composting centers in the garden complete with friendly worms! We have 4 rotating vegetable plots. We also have 50 organic fruit trees! They were actually on the property before we arrived, cultivated by a purist hippie that had been organic/pesticide free for 20 years. We are working on bio-dynamic gardening, but it’s a bit complicated! We hope to have a water well dug in the next 5 years, and we will have solar panels on the hillside even sooner. My fave mommazon tip is bento boxes for school lunches. We try not to use plastic, and these bento boxes are sweet with their own compartments. Plus we send linen napkins to school for lunch, not paper. It is acceptable at their school as they have an incredibly ecologically sound system there. (on how she does green - Ecorazzi)

2. When I joined General Hospital as Anna, it was a part I never thought I'd get, because I'm as British as Emma Samms, and the producers wanted an American Anna. I was so surprised when they chose me, I jumped up and down for.


3. I don't know. Perhaps. That's about all I can say because, you know, it's not up to me. 




4. Yes. I watch it from time to time because I really enjoy Tony Geary's work a lot (as Luke Spencer), and I love to see Kimberly. I have a lot of friends who are still on the show.

5. I really enjoyed working with John Travolta. I like to laugh when I'm working, and obviously there are serious moments - but John is a giggler and has a great sense of humor. And he really likes to do stupid things. 


6. I met a couple of people at the Emmys, and they were a little off with me, and I sort of was surprised. Then of course later I was like, Duh! Of course they probably didn't care for the book. But you know, it's all in fun. It's not accurate -  it's a sort of fun look at how my life kind of evolved during that period. And I like to exaggerate. Luckily I didn't write ''A memoir'' on the front. It is a novel. So I'm not gonna be on Oprah anytime soon.

7. We were working with the children and this little boy had really been having a rough time and he just started to laugh and it was just so cool.


8. I have always had a passion for both acting and fashion. Living in New York City while taping "All My Children" opened up many opportunities to meet people in the fashion industry, learn new things about style and eventually meet the right people at the Style Network. But I'm not through with daytime television just yet. Anna will be making an appearance later this month.

9. I have been a fashionista for as long as I can remember. My interest in fashion, and for finding a great bargain, began while shopping in thrift stores as a child in London, and walking through the Portobello Road Antiques Market with my mother on Saturdays.

10. The absolute best part of hosting "How Do I Look?" is when the women we makeover reveal their new looks, and feel as if they have learned a little something about themselves through the process. We go to great lengths on the show to help hold a proverbial mirror up to the guests' lives in more ways than just fashion, and it is very rewarding to see them take to it.

11. Jewelry is about personal style and sentiment. I like to combine fashion flair and trends with pieces you can keep and love forever. There is a vintage-inspired feel to much of what I create which builds upon my experience of scouring antique markets as a child. I always try to strike a balance between fashion and refined elegance - with my jewelry line and in my own personal style.

12. My favorite piece of jewelry is an amber necklace that was my Mother's. 


13. I love great vintage finds - it's those unique pieces with character that are so special. I also love browsing eBay and H&M is always a great place for good trends at a great price. My all-time favorite, though, is the Kirna Zabete boutique in New York City. The ladies who own this store have stellar taste, and it is impossible to leave there without spending money. Some of my other favorite stores in New York City are IF and Opening Ceremony. 

14. As a busy mom-on-the go, I have had to become an expert at making fashion meet function, and I try to help other women like myself stay on trend without breaking the bank. I advise women to update their wardrobes with key accessories - pairing trendy items with things they already have in the closet.



15. And, of course, you MUST update your eyewear - if you're over 40 make sure you are using a progressive lens to ditch those bifocal lines. I just switched from "readers" to Varilux with Crizal lenses, because of course, if you can't see clearly, you can't go shopping! 


16. My best accessory is my eyewear, which helps me see near, far, and everything in between. I think everyone should make eye health a priority and update their eyewear so that they are both fashionable and functional. You should have a couple pairs to mix and match with different styles, and don't forget about sun wear - they protect your eyes while helping you look super stylish. 

17. I have been interested in fashion and jewelry for as long as I can remember. My style began to form while shopping in thrift stores as a child in London, and walking through the Portobello Road Antiques Market with my mother on Saturdays. I’ve done a lot of traveling, and always find new and different pieces in the various places I visit. 



18. With my interest in fashion and my position as the host of Style Network’s "How Do I Look?" creating my own jewelry line seemed like a logical next step - it’s something I love, and enjoy sharing with others. I’ve found inspiration for my line from great jewelry finds over the years and some of the jewelry I was left by my Mother - she was a big collector of vintage pieces. I always try to strike a balance between fashion and refined elegance - with my jewelry line and in my own personal style.

19. Diamond studs. They are classic and feminine, and add the right amount of elegance to any ensemble.


20. I was doing the play CATS in London, and I don't know if Sylvester Stallone (the director of "Staying Alive") was actually in London, but they made a tape of my performance and sent it to him in Los Angeles. The rumor about the part of Anna is that Anna did not have to be English. Apparently in the breakdown, the writers had requested that they wanted someone just like that girl from "Staying Alive." I came in and auditioned and the rest is history.

21. I really like playing a bad person. It's great fun. You get the best lines and you get to play around with people. I played a bad person to Susan Lucci before (in the TV movie Secret Passions). "The Bride in Black", which will air sunday night on ABC, is losely based on Francois Truffaut's "The Bride Wore Black". 'I never saw the first one.


22. I gave my television away. I don't watch any of it. I used to watch MTV. The dancing they do on the videos, that's really cool.

23. I got Gene Kelly's autograph once. I did a royal command performance (for Queen Elizabeth) and Gene Kelly was the host. I went into his room and gave him the program and said: "I never do this but you have to sign this, you have to." And he said: "I understand."


24. When I was 13, I thought that I should have a face-cleaning routine, and I pestered my mother to get me a very expensive brand at Harrods. She bought me the whole thing- cleansing cream, toner, moisturizer. When I tried it my face exploded. I was red and sore for days. I never used it again. It sat on the shelf, and I'd look at it and think of how much it had cost and what my mother could have done with the money.

25. I grew up in London during the seventies - the prime of punk and every other fad you can think of - so I don't worry much about fashion.

26. I've been applying makeup professionally since I was an 11-year old at Covent Garden. They couldn't make up 20 little girls individually, so they showed you and you got on with it. You learned by trial and error.


27. I don't like to fuss around with high-tech things. I'm not very adventuresome.




28. When I'm at an audition, I'll look up and see a room full of impeccably groomed, 7-foot tall blondes. I just go back to reading my book. What can you do about it?


What do you think of Finola Hughes quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts