Muhammad Ali Quotes

1. It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.


2. Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.

3. A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing.


4. We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.




5. My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.

6. Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.


7. It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.



8. It's not bragging if you can back it up.



9. I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.

10. I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.


11. Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life.


12. I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin' hell, but as long as they ain't free, I ain't free.

13. Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.

14. Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.


15. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.





16. I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.


17. What keeps me going is goals.



18. To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich.



19. I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.

20. Superman don't need no seat belt.


21. There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.




22. Old age is just a record of one's whole life.

23. My toughest fight was with my first wife.


24. I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.


25. I figure I'll be champ for about ten years and then I'll let my brother take over - like the Kennedys down in Washington.

26. When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.


27. It will be a killer, and a chiller, and a thriller, when I get the gorilla in Manila.








28. No one knows what to say in the loser's locker room.

29. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.


30. If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.




31. Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

32. Don't count the days, make the days count.


33. Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right.

34. I'm a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I'm no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won't hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat.

35. The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

36. You lose nothing when fighting for a cause...In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about.


37. Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong.




38. Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.

39. I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.


40. I'm the greatest, I'm a bad man, and I'm pretty!

41. Go to College, Stay in school, If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

42. This is the legend of Cassius Clay,
The most beautiful fighter in the world today.
He talks a great deal, and brags indeed-y,
of a muscular punch that's incredibly speed-y.
The fistic world was dull and weary,
But with a champ like Liston, things had to be dreary.
Then someone with color and someone with dash,
Brought fight fans are runnin' with Cash.
This brash young boxer is something to see
And the heavyweight championship is his des-tin-y.
This kid fights great; he's got speed and endurance,
But if you sign to fight him, increase your insurance.
This kid's got a left; this kid's got a right,
If he hit you once, you're asleep for the night.
And as you lie on the floor while the ref counts ten,
You'll pray that you won't have to fight me again.
For I am the man this poem's about,
The next champ of the world, there isn't a doubt.
This I predict and I know the score,
I'll be champ of the world in '64.
When I say three, they'll go in the third,
10 months ago


So don't bet against me, I'm a man of my word.
He is the greatest! Yes!
I am the man this poem's about,
I'll be champ of the world, there isn't a doubt.
Here I predict Mr. Liston's dismemberment,
I'll hit him so hard; he'll wonder where October and November went.
When I say two, there's never a third,
Standin against me is completely absurd.
When Cassius says a mouse can outrun a horse,
Don't ask how; put your money where your mouse is!
I AM THE GREATEST!"


43. I've wrestled with alligators,
I've tussled with a whale.
I done handcuffed lightning
And throw thunder in jail.
You know I'm bad.
just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, Hospitalized a brick.
I'm so mean, I make medicine sick.


44. Ain't no reason for me to kill nobody in the ring, unless they deserve it.



45. If you were surprised when Nixon resigned, just watch what happens when I whup Foreman's behind!

46. You been hearing about how bad I am since you were a little kid with mess in your pants! Tonight, I'm gonna whip you till you cry like a baby. 


47. That's the only way you gonna save this sucker. He's doomed. 


48. Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I'm not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn't have to draft me, I'd join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I'll go to jail, so what? We've been in jail for 400 years. 

49. If Ali says a mosquito can pull a plow, don't ask how. Hitch him up. 







50. What's really hurting me, the name Islam is involved, and Muslim is involved and causing trouble and starting hate and violence…Islam is not a killer religion…Islam means peace, I couldn't just sit home and watch people label Muslims as the reason for this problem.


What do you think of Muhammad Ali's quotes?

 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts