Marcello Mastroianni Quotes

1. (on his views of women) Woman is the sun, an extraordinary creature, one that makes the imagination gallop. Woman is also the element of conflict. With whom do you argue? With a woman, of course. Not with a friend, because he accepted all your defects the moment he found you. Besides, woman is mother-have we forgotten?


2. I do not feel old: at most slightly older.


3. I have nothing against Hollywood. But today's best films are being made in Italy. So why should I leave Rome?

4. If They would decide, up there "Mastroianni you will be alive for 150 years" I could not help but wonder: and then?


5. I am not a sex addict.






6. An actor would do anything to become famous and then, when he achieve it, he put a pair of shades to avoid people to recognize him.


7. (referring to Robert De Niro in "Raging Bull") By nature the actor is a kind of wonder who can allow himself to change personalities. If you don't know how to do this, it's better to change professions. I think it's ridiculous to imagine that to play a taxi driver or a boxer you have to spend months and months "studying" the life of cabdrivers and the weight of fighters.

8. I only exist when I am working on a film.


9. (talking about actors) Theater actors like to change character roles. They don't like to always do the same thing.

10. (when asked what keeps him going in his theatrical endeavors) In front of a camera, I feel solid, satisfied. Away from it I am empty, confused.

11. I made theater very important in the beginning of my career.


12. (at 60) To play Tarzan - at my age, with a big belly; even Cheetah with white hair. We've had enough strong and beautiful Tarzans!

13. Each year we look for a big name that is attractive to the public and pleasant for the girls.

14. They come for you in the morning in a limousine; they take you to the studio; they stick a pretty girl in your arms…They call that a profession? Come on!



15. To be a Latin Lover a man, above all, has to be a great f**ker - he has to be infallible and I'm not that. I often foul it up.


16. (on his role in "La notte" 1961) I was a little bit disappointed because I felt that the character, this writer suffering a crisis, was a little bit conventional. Perhaps I would have preferred him to be more angry, more cynical, but then I probably wouldn't have been able to play him anyway. I suppose I felt that I had an example of a writer before me: my friend, Ennio Flaiano. And somehow or other, I don't know why, I felt that this writer should be like him, which obviously wasn't what Antonioni intended. So there was a sort of incomprehension between me and the director. As I went along I lost of that joy, that enthusiasm I had felt which had made me want to do the film. This was the state of mind I was while I was making the film. I would liked to be closer to Antonioni but it wasn't possible. I don't know if it was my fault or whether it was because he (and it is something he has always said) prefers not to have much interaction with the actors.

17. When I was young, life seemed long and endless to me.

18. I don't understand why these Americans have to suffer so much to identify with their characters. Me, I just get up there and act. It's great fun. There's no suffering in it.


19. To that man with the big beard who is up there that I would say, do you want to do your own business? I do not want to reach you.






What do you think of Marcello Mastroianni quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts