Miley Cyrus Talks About Her Happy Hippie Foundation For Homeless And LGBT Youth (VIDEO)

Miley Cyrus has made an appearance on Tuesday's "Good Morning America" to open up about the Happy Hippie Foundation she launched in order to help LGBT youth and the homeless.


Cyrus, 22, said: "40% of homelessness is really focused on (the LGBT community) because, I think, of the lack of acceptance" and sometimes individuals feeling detached from society.


Miley explained: "I thought it was really cool in Bruce Jenner's interview when he talks about using the platform. Something like being on a reality show or, you know, me being on a tour, if it gets you in front of that many impressionable people…And taking the power with social media is the best thing ever. That's why with Happy Hippy we're putting (together) kind of an online support group, so this gives them a place to ask questions and be educated."



The pop icon has made headlines by bringing a homeless man as her date to the 2014 Video Music Awards.



Miley revealed there are no limits to the changes she can make in the world. 



"I'm the one that can fix it," the former "Hannah Montana" star claimed, noting: "And I think I've been able to identify with it because I never thought of myself as "I'm a girl so I can't do this or I can do this" or you gotta be a boy to do that."


Cyrus even declared that not all of her past affairs have been "straight, heterosexual".


"I feel completely like I'm not tied to a gender or an age. I feel…you know, like an infinite, cosmic thing! And that's what I want people to feel," Cyrus went on, adding: "I don't really wanna sing just for myself. I wanna be doing something (that matters.)"


Check out the video below…
 
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts