Hayden Panettiere Opens Up About Her Postpartum Depression (VIDEO)

Hayden Panettiere is breaking her silence about her struggle with postpartum depression and how her experience has been similar to that of her "Nashville" character Juliette Barnes. 






"She went through that, which is something that I can very much relate to, and something that I know a lot of women experience," Panettiere, 26, said on "Live! with Kelly & Michael", noting: "When (you're told) about postpartum depression you think it's "I feel negative feelings towards my child, I want to injure or hurt my child." I've never, ever had those feelings. It's something, I think, that needs to be talked about, and women need to know that they're not alone."



"There's a lot of misunderstanding. There's a lot of people out there that think that it's not real, that it's not true. That it's something that's made up in their minds, that: "Oh, it's hormones." They brush it off," the actress went on, adding: "It's something that's completely uncontrollable. It's really painful and it's really scary and women need a lot of support."


In case you have missed it, Panettiere welcomed her first child with partner Wladimir Klitschko, a daughter named Kaya, back in 2014.


Check out the video below...


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts