Gillian Anderson On "X-Files" Influence And Feminism

Gillian Anderson, best known as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully on "The X-Files," understands the influence her long-running character had on viewers.



"Anytime that a woman stands in front of me and says that they (because of Scully) decided to become a forensic pathologist, or a scientist, my heart skips a beat," she claimed on Monday during an AMA ("Ask Me Anything") session Reddit. Considering how dynamic Scully was, it doesn't come as a surprise how she inspired women.


Not only did Redditors ask Anderson, 44, about "The X-Files" and her current role on NBC's "Hannibal," one user asked whether Anderson regarded herself a feminist. "Regarding feminism, I think it's complicated but I appreciate how much my work has inspired women and how much women inspire me," she was quoted as saying.



Regardless of how what labels she takes on, there's no doubt that Anderson is passionate about women having the opportunities to follow their passions. And she's passing that message along to her daughter. "I'm encouraging her to follow her heart in big things rather than following men," she revealed to The Telegraph in early May. "The amount of time wasted on that… ridiculous."



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting! 

Comments

Popular Posts