Kat Von D Quotes

1. Live to love - love to live.



2. I dropped out of high school when I was 14 and I started tattooing.



3. I turn on the lights, the TV and the radio - still I can't escape the ghost of you.

4. A lesson that I learned early on in the filming of Miami Ink was that everything you say is gonna be dissected and people are really gonna zone in on the little words, the little sentences that you say.


5. Knowing that someone loves you for who you are and that they gain nothing from you other than the joy of being loved unconditionally is a good feeling.





6. I think running the shop can be a pain in the ass; this season I have 12 tattooers working for me, so the business has definitely grown and with that comes a lot more responsibilities.


7. Life has an amazing way of reminding you what truly is important and at the end of the day, none of what the outside world has to say carries any real weight when it comes to matters of the heart.






8. You know, for a long time being a heavily tattooed woman was viewed as something gross, or you're either a criminal or a drug addict. It feels good to be a good representation of the art form versus being the token tattoo girl. I'm just glad that people even consider it to be sexy, because I think I'm just a big nerd so it works out.


9. Whether people tune in or not doesn't change my best efforts or the quality of what I do, because when you make something for the sake of putting good out into the universe, the payback comes from a much more fulfilling place than any man made form of payment.





10. I'm just myself; what you see is what you get. I guess it could be a refreshing surprise, because people see me like: "Ah, this chick is tough and she's probably kinky in bed and all this stuff," and I'm just like a prude sometimes.


11. When we change our focus, we change our destiny.


12. I don't regret any of my tattoos. I think that as long as you like it, thats the important part…you don't have to have a crazy story.

13. If you're not happy with what you have, having more of it won't make you happier.

14. In the early 90s tribal was really popular and people were getting a lot of armbands and they didn't realize that it was a fad, and with tattoos it's not an accessory you can take off and buy another one. I mean, you could laser it, but it is a painful process and it's very long and annoying.


15. Sharing experiences doesn't make things any better, just magnifies them.


16. I have a good balance between tattoos that mean a lot to me and are well thought out, and tattoos that I got spur of the moment. Not every tattoo has to be this really deep-rooted, sentimental landmark in time. I think it's good to have those, but you gotta remember that it's just a tattoo, it has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it has to be something you're gonna love forever.

17. Makeup is part of my daily routine. It's the time in my mornings when I can concentrate on me, and me alone. Giving yourself the kind of attention is so important - and is something that is definitely glossed over by to many women.





18. I think people have the misconception that I hang out in alleyways with balls and chains, but I like to play classical music and travel and read books…it's kind of cool.


19. Never, never give up!



20. I love doing portraits, it's just now I want to take it to the next level and start making better and more interesting compositions out of portraits; you know, I'd like to do backgrounds and incorporate elements into the portrait instead of just having a floating head on an arm.

21. I'm just a dreamer, but you're just a dream.


22. Change is inevitable. It takes more energy to resist it than it does to embrace it.


23. Time is something you can never get back, and what we do with this very present moment is the most real thing we have.

24. Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood.

25. I guess it would be nice to be remembered as a good friend to everyone and a dedicated artist to tattooing. I definitely want to be remembered as a person who believes in family and it would also be nice to be remembered as a party animal!


26. Depression, sadness etc. is a state of mind. We can chose to see thing differently.

27. I got to actually tattoo one of the members of The Misfits. The very first tattoo I ever did was this Misfits skull.

28. Kill them with kindness. It's more effective promise. 


29. Today felt pretty impossible. Most of the time, regardless of what's going on around me, I'm usually strong enough not to let things get to me like this. But today there seems to be no way of escaping my thoughts. "What have I done? I sure made a mess of things."


30. I'm in love with love #hopellessromantic

31. I can pretty much unwind anywhere as long as I have my iPod, music is the total unwinder for me!


32. For the heart is an organ of fire.







33. Lots of things motivate me: my coworkers motivate me to work harder and always strive to be a better artist. My dad motivates me to be an honest and loyal person. And loud techno music motivates me to run faster on the treadmill!


34. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.






35. People always ask me this question and I always have a hard time answering it because I guess every tattoo is super special to me. I put 110% into every tattoo I do, so it is really hard to choose just one.


36. Life's too short.

37. Growing up with a punk-rock background and being an artist all my life, tattooing was something that naturally came to me, I guess. Tattooing just kinda landed in my lap and I gravitated toward it.

38. You'll never know unless you try.

39. Today I encountered the 19th girl to add to the list of people Jesse cheated on me with during this last year. I kept going back and forth in my mind as to what the best way would be for me to release and let go of any residual feelings remaining from that toxic relationship. All of this may sound petty or immature to some, but I assure you this is coming from a place of pure honesty and love.


40. I live to succeed, not please you or anyone else.

41. I remember this lady had got a portrait of her son who had shot himself. When she was done she started crying and I held her. She came to me to help her heal. That's an honor.


42. Don't worry - however much you detest me, I detest myself more. No one criticizes me more than myself.


43. I'm a Beethoven fanatic.

44. Comfort me with apples, for I am sick of love.

45. (The female ink artists I employ can) tattoo circles around most boys.

46. Artists have a very romantic notion of what love can do. Love can do so many things, but saving people from themselves isn't one of them.


47. At the end of the day, all I can do is take accountability for my own actions and no one else's.



48. No regrets, life's too short.



49. I don't know anything especially about the future considering. The future is just a mind made thought.

50. Creativity on the other hand, inspiration and such that is already within you.


51. Simple isn't always easy.



52. Finding beauty in anything that excites you makes up the true value of art.



53. Give all to love, obey to heart.

54. When people complain about trivial shit it's just as annoying as people complaining their limo ride is too bumpy.


55. I think I'd be doing something wrong if everyone agreed with me.


56. I'm a canvas of my experiences. My story is etched in lines and shading, and you can read it on my arms, my legs, my shoulders and my stomach. But like everyone else, I was born naked and screaming, waiting for my life to write itself on my skin.

57. The act of tattooing on my part became a bigger honor, the hugs became stronger, and the thank you became much more meaningful to me.


58. Death (or any type of major loss) has a way of pointing you to what truly is important when all is said and done.

59. Always do things for yourself and no others.

60. Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.


61. The example I am setting is to not judge, be willing to forgive and love unconditionally.

62. Negativity is infection and it seems like there's a whole lot of it going around. Gonna do my part a keep is positive.

63. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot  change and courage to change the things I can.


64. If you have enough time to hate someone you don't know, you have enough time to improve your own life.





65. Living in the past only cripples you from truly living in this moment. Humans are capable of so much, when it comes to change.

66. Listen, I'm goofy. I'm a klutz and I'm silly. People assume that because I'm all tattooed, I'm tough. Or they think that I'm really kinky. But I'm actually pretty conservative! I don't tie dudes up in balls and chains, you know? I'm all about love. Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion.


67. Imagine all the things you would do if you knew you were so much powerful than your sadness. It can be exciting.


68. Wish people would just be nice to each other.

69. I come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about me.

70. All these memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.


71. Tom me, success is bringing light to others…especially in a dark world like this.



72. All you need is love.

73. Stop tearing other people down this year. Be positive and make something happen in 2012.


74. Takes a real man to be sweet.


75. I'm hopeless romantic.

76. Nothing is forever, not even tattoos.

77. Negativity is almost always just a reflection of the person spewing it.


78. The ultimate truth is there is nothing comparatively more beautiful than you. And that goes for everyone else.



79. Those who judge are ones who need the most love.

80. Some of the most enlightened people come from the most dyfunctional childhoods. No fail at all in my eyes.


What do you think of Kat Von D's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts