Carolyn Murphy Quotes

1. I always feel like I'm so boring, but I don't get bored with me.


2. One of my most laughable moments was when we visited the monkeys in Ubud - they really seemed to like me and at one point, I had three males on my head and shoulders.

3. There's always competition out there. That's what makes life exciting.

4. It was so inexplicable to people when, at the height of my career, I said: "You know what, I'm gonna go to Costa Rica, hang out for a while, and pretend to be Jane Goodall." Nobody caught up in the machine could understand it. But it made me feel good.


5. I had dreamed of visiting Bali for many years and because I had an extended family of Balinese friends in Los Angeles, I felt connected. The island is so peaceful and the smiles are constant.


6. Being in the world of fashion you have to be very self-absorbed, and you are surrounded by people who are very self-absorbed.

7. Love and sex are both about reciprocation. 


8. The best anti-aging advice I've ever received? Drink a lot of water and have a plant-based diet. I also do mindful meditation with my daughter every day. It takes ten minutes. I think reducing stress plays a big part in anti-aging.



9. I've never stood before a mirror and practiced my facial expressions.

10. I can't remember the last time I was bored.


11. I have great respect and understanding for military commitment due to my own family's involvement with the armed forces.





12. I just remember Stella Tenant and me dancing in Donatella Versace's bathtub until like four in the morning. It was one of those "pinch me" moments.


13. I have stacks and stacks of journals. I'll change the names if I ever decide to publish them.

14. I would be out surfing in Costa Rica and I would have these panic attacks to get out of the water. I could sense the presence of sharks. Once I just had this feeling and started paddling in. Minutes later, a six - or seven-foot black-tipped shark came around. After that, the locals would start coming to shore when Carolyn paddled in.




15. I never thought I'd make the pages of "Sports Illustrated", because I've always been skinny.


16. I'd like to reach out to more women and different body types.

17. I love the Instamatic application on my I phone, it takes the coolest photos.

18. I'm just a glutton for spas and messages. And I love to surf and hike.

19. I'm not surfing much anymore, but I love hiking and gardening, and I'm always wearing a hat and sunblock.

20. It was easy to run around barefoot in oblivion in Costa Rica. But once I gave birth to my child, I didn't want to be oblivious to the obvious.


21. Men are just jealous because they can't wear makeup.



22. When I was a kid, I thought I was "Wonder Woman".




23. No, I've never been up close to an octopus. Why do you ask?

24. People that I'm most attracted to, they're not living by any sort of rules. They're the kind of people with stories to tell.




25. The turnover with models - I cannot keep up. And in my day, we had so much personality. We probably caused a lot more trouble, but it was fun.


26. Giving birth was the most amazing thing I've ever done. I'd been living in a Third World country, and I said: "I'm going to just squat behind a tree." I basically did that but in a chair in my living room. I didn't want a sterile hospital room. I didn't want doctors. I had a midwife. I was in a little house in upstate New York that was built in 1745. I'd bought the house in my sixth or seventh month of pregnancy, and I was feeling the energy of all the kids who had been born there and lived there. So I was really like Earth Mama. I gained more than sixty pounds. I've always been 115 to 120, and I hit 182. We had the dolphin music going, the incense burning. For seventeen hours I went through this primal experience. It was like being a bear. I loved it.

27. Aren't you going to ask me about my favorite eye shadow?


28. You see airbrushed images of me, but I know the person who's walking barefoot, dodging dog poo in the yard.

29. Having a child keeps you very grounded. So when I decided to have a child, I made it clear to the people I work with that my job was no longer my priority.  My daughter is now my priority. She comes first. Period.

30. I just decided to take some time off. I've been modeling since '93, '92, and that's a pretty long time. I'm a single mother and I chose to focus on her.


31. When I'm seventy, I hope to be living in a tree house in the woods. I hope to have hair down to my butt. I hope to be typing away on a typewriter up there in the tree house, and I hope that my partner, Brandon, will be by my side. I want to have a catamaran nearby. And I want to walk around naked all day.

32. My favorite hotel is the Villa Alilla in Bali. The setting is pure bliss, overlooking the ocean of Uluwhatu; the eye line makes you feel as if you're floating on top of the ocean.







33. I love physical sunblocks with zinc. When I used to surf, I'd sometimes tuck a bottle of sunscreen into my wet suit sleeve - when you're in the water having a great time, you're not thinking about running out to put on more sunblock.


34. You're catching me in the shock phase.






35. I'm looking forward to joining the…roster of women who have personified the image of beauty for Estee Lauder over the years. This is an incredible opportunity.


What do you think of Carolyn Murphy's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts