Brigitte Bardot Quotes

1. Do you have to have a reason for loving?



2. It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.

3. I am against marriage, and I don't give a fig for society.

4. They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself.

5. Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.

6. I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.

7. A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you.

8. It is better to be unfaithful than to be faithful without wanting to be.


9. I never do anything by chance.

10. I was just a cheap little starlet hardly acting at all in a very mediocre film.

11. I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

12. What does it mean, being a woman?

13. Women get more unhappy the more they try to liberate themselves.

14. I am leaving the town to the invaders: increasingly numerous, mediocre, dirty, badly behaved, shameless tourists.


15. Men are beasts and even beasts don't behave as they do.

16. I started out as a lousy actress and have remained one.

17. I don't think when I make love.

18. I have been very happy, very rich, very beautiful, much adulated, very famous and very unhappy.

19. I can't do the same thing every night, the same gestures... it's like putting on dirty panties every day.


20. Fame had brought me so much unhappiness.

21. Film-making was not at all what I had expected.

22. Films have never shown the kind of relationship that can exist between two women.


23. Have you ever heard of a good marriage growing in front of the cameras?

24. I absolutely loathe luxury. It is the one thing I cannot stand.


25. I am 30, but there are things about me that are still 15.

26. I am all right when I work. I am not superficial and I am not ungrateful.

27. I am no mother, and I won't be one.

28. I am not finding pregnancy much of a joy. I am afraid of childbirth, but I am afraid I can't find a way of avoiding it.


29. I am really not interested in the cinema. I loathed it when I started six years ago, and I don't enjoy it even now.

30. I have no private life at all. I am a hunted woman. I can't take a step without being questioned and surrounded.

31. I have not always loved wisely, but I was young.

32. I have to live with both my selves as best I may.

33. I know very few Americans, though I like the way they think. They think big.

34. I know what sin is. 


35. If I go to a restaurant, other people stare. The meal is ruined.

36. If only every man who sees my films did not get the impression he can make love to me, I would be a lot happier.

37. If this fame, which people call my lucky break, were to stop tomorrow, I shouldn't care.

38. James Stewart was so kind and considerate and had such personal integrity.

39. My soul is not my own any more. I cannot live like I want to. I am going to give up films.


40. People are forever finding something wrong with you.

41. Percentages are why I am rich.

42. Vadim changed my mind about acting. Vadim was the only man who was certain I had something special to offer.

43. Vadim was both my teacher and my husband. I placed myself entirely in his hands.

44. I leave before being left. I decide.

45. Only idiots refuse to change their minds.

46. What could be more beautiful than a dear old lady growing wise with age? Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.



47. It is not fatness! It is development.

48. I really wanted to die at certain periods in my life. Death was like love, a romantic escape. I took pills because I didn't want to throw myself off my balcony and know people would photograph me lying dead below.

49. The myth of Bardot is finished, but Brigitte is me.

50. If we don't get an answer, we will, strengthened by the support we receive, try to overthrow the government.

51. When you’re thirty you’re old enough to know better, but still young enough to go ahead and do it.


52. You must join me to ensure this hunt stops.





53. I might not ever come here again. So I ask you with my heart and soul . . . I want to see this massacre stop. I would like that my life would have served at least for that.

54. Unfortunately these are not isolated incidents, and the people of Reunion are the first to be horrified by this despicable barbarity which mars the image of their island.

55. My trust in you is broken and I am plunged into despair for the animals.


56. When I think that the only way that has been found is to kill them, I tell you it's not nice what your government is doing.



57. Wisdom is knowing when to speak your mind and mind your speech.

58. I have always adored beautiful young men. Just because I grow older, my taste doesn't change. So if I can still have them, why not?

59. If I could do anything about the way people behave towards each other, I would, but since I can't I'll stick to animals.


60. (On Sarah Palin) By denying the responsibility of man in global warming, by advocating gun rights and making statements that are disconcertingly stupid, you are a disgrace to women and you alone represent a terrible threat, a true environmental catastrophe.

61. Films have never shown the kind of relationship that can exist between Two Women.


What do you think of Brigitte Bardot quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts