Kirstie Alley On Lady Gaga's Weight Gain: "There's An Insanity Here"

Lady Gaga isn't the first celebrity to gain weight.




If anyone can relate to being scrutinized for weight gain, that's definitely Kirstie Alley.

"Most of my career I was pretty lean, so when I gained the weight, obviously people (noticed)," the former "Fat Actress" star, 61, told PEOPLE magazine. "With (Lady Gaga), she gains (25) pounds and it becomes this huge thing."


Gaga, 26, who acknowledged her weight gain to radio host Elvis Duran last month, recently posted a quote on her website from Marilyn Monroe that said: "To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one. It's society who's ugly."

Alley agrees with that sentiment, claiming: "It's Hollywood that is obsessed with weight. I think everyone should try to be healthy. Lean is better than not lean, but I think we send a horrible message to the world, especially to girls."


As for the amount Gaga has gained, Alley stated: "She was so freaking skinny that (25) pounds would make her a what, size 2? There's an insanity here. I know it's a pressure on her. I know it is. It's really hard to play that game."

Maybe Kirstie is right...What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts