Jackie Chan Quotes

1. Jackie Chan is a myth.


2. I have a few rules that I tell my manager: No sex scenes. No make love. The kids who like me don't need to see it. It would gross them out.

3. I have reasons to do each film, I have something to say. Unlike "Rush Hour" there was no reason (in making it), you just give me the money and I'm fine. I dislike "Rush Hour" the most, but ironically it sold really well in the U.S. and Europe.


4. My wish is to bring my heroes to the big screen, and many of them have already appeared in my films. The firefighter is the only one I have yet to put in a film. I have dragged this idea on for so many years, even if I want to make it, now I feel that my age makes me unsuitable. If I do make this film, I would no longer play a firefighter, and would more likely be a firefighting captain. But if I were to be honest with you, the role I want to play most is the firefighter.

5. More understand China, then more people will have interest in China and more people will come to China to visit us because I am a tourist ambassador.



6. When I got depressed, I watched Bruce Lee movies. I learned everything from Bruce Lee.


7. When I'm in meetings until 5am and then have to get up two hours later for filming, sometimes I ask myself "why?"

8. When you are learning about a martial art, it is about respect.

9. You cannot mix sports with politics.


10. When I'm making an American film, it's more safe because there are so many people on the set to watch me. Whatever I do, they say: "What are you doing!? Tell me first!" There are so many restrictions.

11. My affection for Taiwan…is witnessed by everyone. My wife is Taiwanese and I am a son-in-law of Taiwan. I am half Taiwanese.


12. My dream is to continue filming until my body tells me to stop.





13. One day, I want to make a PG film.

14. Very difficult to understand American audience, what they like, what they don't like. Some movie I like very much, it doesn't work. Some movie I don't like, it gets big box office. Very difficult.


15. Olympics for me is love, peace, united.

16. When I was young I didn't care about education, just money and box office.

17. Sometimes, I'm very embarrassed.

18. My schedule goes: wake up, running, exercise, downstairs, running shoes off, then to the shower. That's the Jackie Chan diary.


19. Since the child knew his parents would give in, he tried the same trick again and again.


20. The kids never listen to you, especially the youngest ones.

21. The ads all call me fearless, but that's just publicity. Anyone who thinks I'm not scared out of my mind whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.

22. The movie business is a big gamble.


23. The world is too violent right now.


24. I really like children to watch my movies.

25. Money for me today does not really matter.

26. I want to be an Asian Robert De Niro.

27. In every movie I do have a dialogue.


28. Before I do a stunt, I have to make sure it is safe.


29. I play a nobody in Japan.

30. In America there's no way I can make the kind of movie I like to make.

31. If you're too free, you're like the way Hong Kong is now. It's very chaotic.


32. I make American films for American audiences and Asian films for Asian audiences.






33. I just want people to remember me like I remember Buster Keaton. When they talk about Buster Keaton or Gene Kelly, people say: "Ah yes, they are good." Maybe one day, they remember Jackie Chan that way.


34. I love wushu a lot and I would love to see it included in future Olympic Games.





35. American stuntmen are smart - they think about safety. When they do a jump in a car, they calculate everything: the speed, the distance…But in Hong Kong, we don't know how to count. Everything we do is a guess. If you've got the guts, you do it. All of my stuntmen have gotten hurt.


36. I know I have to run 20 more minutes if I eat ice cream. Basically, I eat everything, but I just do more training.




37. Being a stunt coordinator, I have to take care not only of myself but I have to make sure everyone is safe.


38. I only want my work to make people happy.



39. I like to change characters and then, slowly I believe the audience treat me as, like an actor who can fight. It's not like an action star.

40. Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.


41. I went by myself to Hollywood, I spoke no English, every day I had to go to school.

42. I'm afraid to fail again.

43. I'm not a god - I do bad things.

44. I've choreographed all of my movies.


45. I'm gradually beginning to feel that we Chinese need to be controlled. If we're not being controlled, we'll just do what we want.

46. I've got a very interesting background.

47. I've seen too many ups and downs in the movie industry.


48. In the real world, children love me.


49. I like to give back.

50. I sometimes just don't like to see the Ultimate Fighting. I just find it, as a martial artist, I just find it too violent.

51. Cinema reflects culture and there is no harm in adapting technology, but not at the cost of losing your originality.

52. I think the family movie is very important to everybody right now.


53. Every time I make American film I just trust American directors and American writers.

54. Coffee is a language in itself.

55. I want to show audiences I can act.

56. Every country when they have Olympics, a lot of people come out opposed.


57. I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid.

58. I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan.

59. Of course I get hurt.

60. I am really, really tired.


61. Speaking English is like tongue-twist for me. I can speak each word perfect, but then you have to string them together like: "Blah, blah, blah." That's when I get crazy.





62. We learn martial arts as helping weakness. You never fight for people to get hurt. You're always helping people.

63. I don't want to be an action star, an action star's life is so short. I want my life to get longer, I want my career to get longer.


64. I love to clean.

65. I'm not sure if it's good to have freedom or not. I'm really confused now.

66. A lot of people ask me when I do a stunt: "Jackie, are you scared?" Of course I'm scared. I'm not Superman.

67. Don't try to be like Jackie. There is only one Jackie. Study computers instead.

68. I'm tired of fighting. I've always known that I can't be an action star all my life.


69. After all those years in Asia, I don't have to do promotion anymore. We just release a Jackie Chan movie and - Boom! - people go.

70. The life of an action star is very short. I want to be an actor like Robert De Niro, like Dustin Hoffman or Clint Eastwood who in their 70s or 80s can still act.

71. I hate interviews - but you have to do them.

72. For me the greatest source of income is still movies. Nothing - stocks, financial speculation, real estate speculation or businesses - makes more money for me than making movies.


73. I have a metal plate in my head, and can pop my shoulder and pop it back.

74. I give the children education.

75. I know I have a responsibility to the fans.

76. I hate violence, yes I do. It's kind of a dilemma, huh?


77. I now have two different audiences. There's the one that has been watching my action films for 20 years, and the American family audience. American jokes, less fighting.




78. I will make action movies, I think, for a few more years, another five years.

79. I'm crazy, but I'm not too crazy.


80. I feel like I have lived all over the world since I get to go everywhere to film.



81. Sometimes I do need to go to karaoke, sometimes I need to relax.



82. I feel that there are a few things in the world without cultural barriers.

83. In the past when I was in Hollywood, I was like a dog. I felt humiliated. My English was not good. People would even ask me: "Jackie Who?"


84. Sometimes I'd like to play the bad guy and sometimes I'd like to die in a movie.



85. Actor's life is very long.




86. Anyone can be a Superman, but nobody can be Jackie Chan.


What do you think of Jackie Chan's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts