Maria Jose Cristerna Extreme Transformation Into Vampire

Maria Jose Cristerna, widely known as "Mexican Vampire Woman", has taken her body art to the extreme in order to look like a vampire.  


It is hard to believe that Cristerna was a former lawyer from a deeply religious family who tied the knot at the age of 17.



Cristerna, now 37, is also a devoted mother of four who abandoned her career as an attorney to become a tattoo artist. The reason she made such a drastic life change was the suffering years of domestic abuse.


Cristerna thinks that her vampire-inspired transformation began at age 12 when she got her first piercing. At age 12, Maria had her ears pierced with large jewelry and started stretching her earlobes. At 14, Maria convinced her dad to take her to get a tattoo and she got the first of many tattoos: a large black star on her shoulder. 


Twenty years later, Maria has nearly 50 piercings and her body is almost 100% covered in tattoos…In addition to the body art and piercings, she also has subdermal implants into her skull to give the appearance of horns, as well as in her chest and forearms. She also got a vicious pair of fangs, which are permanent and are the result of cosmetic dentistry and dental implants.

"The horns I have are a symbol of strength and were implanted without anaesthetic," Cristerna was quoted as saying.



"I had the fangs done because I loved vampires as a little girl and I changed the color of my eyes so they were how I really wanted them to be," Cristerna revealed to the Sun.



Cristerna flaunted her image at a tattoo exhibition in Monterrey, Californa, but her transformation is not complete as she claims she wants to have more titanium horns implanted in the back of her head.


"The "Vampire Woman" was not something I thought of, it was a name that one of Mexico's major television stations baptized me with," she opened up to ABC News in one interview from the tattoo expo. "It doesn't necessarily bother me because it has helped me transcend to a new level. Yes, I do like vampires but they are only a dream, a fantasy," Cristerna admitted. 


She explained to the HuffPost Weird News through a translator: "It's my vampire dream to be immortal! I have always loved Ripley cartoons, and have admired Ripley's since I was a little girl, so my dream came true."



Cristerna's dream though would not be fulfilled without the hard work of Ripley's sculpture team, led by Bruce Miller.



Miller told HuffPost Weird News: "Her head has been the biggest challenge. She has really long hair - dreadlocks - and we had to hoist them up over a light fixture to keep them out of the way."



"The hardest part is going to be duplicating the tattoos," Miller noted, adding: "They are so intricate. We have a lot of hours ahead of us."



Cristerna noted: "I'd like to remove the floating ribs to decrease the size of my waist and have more implants in my arms. It's a woman's vanity to want to look better!"



It has to be noted that Cristerna is considered the most modified woman in the world. Despite her bizarre looks she states that she lives a "normal life", working at her tattoo shop and helping her children with their homework.



What do you think of Maria Jose Cristerna's transformation into a vampire?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts