Steffi Graf Quotes

1. You can have a certain arrogance, and I think that's fine, but what you should never lose is the respect for the others.

2. No, I've never been one for the records.

3. I never look back, I look forward.

4. My big dream was to work as a photographer for "National Geographic."

5. Age, what is it? It's not a figure that has ever meant anything to me.


6. I am a person who sticks to her word.


7. As long as I can focus on enjoying what I'm doing, having fun, I know I'll play well.

8. Grass is a surface I have always loved, Wimbledon is a tournament I have always loved.

9. I appreciate very much being injury-free.


10. I don't like the word "businesswoman." Perhaps "committed mother" would be the best description.

11. It shifted attention away from that and I've never been someone who liked the attention from the media anyway.

12. I don't wake up every day and think about which tournaments I won and which titles I hold. It's something I don't care about.

13. Yeah, because I did have a few weeks off with my wrist surgery, and I didn't expect to be back so quickly and then so well.


14. When you lose a couple of times, it makes you realize how difficult it is to win.

15. I have always been guided by striving to show the best that I could. That is what kept me going in tennis and it is the same now.

16. Sometimes I wish I could have been a bit more relaxed. But then I wouldn't have been the same player.

17. You cannot compare your athletic achievement to the importance of children and giving them a safe environment in which to grow up and enjoy life.


18. It is difficult for me always to let go, and I am still eager, but I'm taking things maybe a little lighter at times.


19. I knew that maybe I couldn't be playing again, but I just wanted to get in physical shape.



20. I never hanker after the past - I prefer to devote myself to new tasks.

21. The tennis wasn't really very much on my mind, so it wasn't like I was thinking about it all the time.


22. I suppose it's amazing how quick life goes by when you have children.

23. I still take it seriously, but once I go out there I think I've got more relaxed and I think it shows.

24. I had a lot of different thoughts and ideas and always to transform, but I'm trying certain things that I feel my heart is really going for and that was one of the things that I initiated a few months ago.


25. I think it takes people to get to know you and the recognition comes over time.





26. I've thrown away lots of my old diaries - you never know who might get their hands on them. But I have kept a few notes on the good old days.


27. It's so difficult to find time besides the tennis.





28. If you go to a big city anywhere in the world and you need a doctor, just ask me. I can tell you who's good and who's bad. I've even considered writing a guidebook.


What do you think of Steffi Graf's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts