Joan Rivers Dead At 81

Joan Rivers is dead.  
 


Rivers passed away on Thursday, one week after she stopped breathing during an outpatient procedure. She was 81.




Her daughter Melissa announced the devastating news in a statement:


"It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided by mother. Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated. My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon".

The comic icon went into cardiac arrest last week and stopped breathing during the operation, was hospitalized and later placed in a medically induced coma.

Prior to the medical emergency, Rivers was speculated to be in generally good health, despite her age, and was regularly making appearance as a stand-up performer, in addition to co-hosting "Fashion Police" on E!.


The multi-talented and creative personality had a decades-long career dating back to the 1950s, with appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show," "The Tonight Show," "Hollywood Squares" and "The Carol Burnett Show."


R.I.P Joan Rivers


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts