Joan Rivers Dead: Celebrities React

Joan Rivers died on Thursday.

One week ago, Rivers stopped breathing during an outpatient procedure on her throat, was rushed to the hospital and later placed in a medically induced coma.

The comic icon was 81.


Check out what the celebrities are saying about Rivers' passing below...


Jimmy Kimmel: we lost a great one in @Joan_Rivers - she was funny all the way to the end.




Anna Kendrick: RIP Joan Rivers. Being publicly told that my dress is hideous will never feel quite as awesome. You will be truly missed.


Tim Allen: Nothing finer than funny women, and Joan set the standard, so very sad today, she will be missed. Rest in piece JR.




Kyle Richards: So incredibly sad to hear about #JoanRivers One of the greatest comediennes of all time. Thinking of @MelRivers & family


Adam Lambert: Goodbye Joan. You were a bright light till the end. What a beautiful life and grand career you shared… 




Danica Patrick: I was lucky enough to have Joan rivers critique my style! I will miss seeing and most importantly hearing her humor on tv!

Michael Strahan: #RIP Joan Rivers #legend


Bob Saget: So funny and irrepressible. Rest in peace, Joan Rivers.

Katie Couric: So sorry to hear the news about Joan Rivers. She was one of a kind. My heart goes out to Melissa and Cooper.

Kevin Hart: She was a comedic genius and she will be missed. I'm honored to be able to call her my friend #RipJoanRivers

Gayle King: Just heard the news on the radio about Joan Rivers thinking about @melrivers. Hope she takes comfort in knowing how many loved her mom.


Lucy Hale: RIP Joan Rivers. This makes my heart real sad.


Sarah Silverman: My heart is torn in half. She wasn't done.

Wanda Sykes: We have lost a true legend. Thank you Joan for paving the way for broads like me. Sending love and prayers to @MelRivers and her family.

Lena Dunham: Watching Joan Rivers do standup at age 81 was incredible: athletic, jaw-dropping, terrifying, essential. It never stopped. Neither will she.


Meredith Vieira: So dad to learn of @Joan_Rivers' passing...she was always incredibly kind to me and a true American treasure.






Jennifer Love Hewitt: My heart breaks for the family and friends of Joan Rivers. What a beautiful and light filled person. You will be missed.


ABFoundation: Very sad to learn about Joan Rivers, a pioneer for women in comedy.

Kat Dennings: RIP Joan Rivers.

Hoda Kotb: RIP Joan

Maria Menounos: Rip Joan Rivers.I was such a fan of your honesty,talent,work ethic&generosity. U did so much 2 pave the road for females in this biz thnk u


Ellen DeGeneres: Joan Rivers will always be a pioneer. She paved the way for a lot of comedians. I'm very sad she's gone.




NeNe Leakes: #RIP @Joanrivers I laughed so hard every time I was around you. Nobody could talk fashion wit a back handed slap better than u Joan

Samuel L. Jackson: Love Her or Hate Her, we're gonna Miss JOAN RIVERS! I always Respected her go for broke humor. One of a kind.R.I.P.


Brad Paisley: The world will miss your incredible wit @Joan_Rivers. I sure loved getting to know you. Rest in Peace you hilarious soul.







Adam Scott: Joan Rivers was fucking awesome. RIP

Sarah Michelle: I am so sad. May I live my life as full as #JoanRivers did. Today is a sad day, but I will try and laugh to honor her #CanWeTalk #RIPJoan


Lance Bass: Thanks for the laughs @Joan_Rivers ! The last woman to bed me!






Ashley Benson: Joan was such a wonderful woman. Every time I worked with her she was such a pleasure. One of the… http://instagram.com/p/siTh3tBEIa/


Kristin Chenoweth: RIP Joan Rivers. You made us laugh and happy.


Kris Jenner: Incredibly heartbroken...we will miss you so much. Amazing Mother, Amazing Grandmother, Amazing… http://instagram.com/p/siTimqG-DT/

Kathy Griffin: A legend, a friend, a mentor, an icon, and wildly funny. One of a kind. RIP #JoanRivers @joan_rivers.


Kevin Jonas: It was an honor to know you @Joan_Rivers you will always be an entertainment icon R.I.P. 




Marlee Matlin: My heart goes out to @MelRivers. Your mom broke the glass ceiling of comedy and proved a woman could be as funny as a man. RIP Joan Rivers.


Demi Lovato: RIP Joan Rivers... You made fun of my boobies just last week and it was an HONOR. Thanks for making so many people laugh here on Earth.

Mark Ballas: #RIP Joan Rivers…your vivacious personality will be missed.


Natalie Morales: @Joan_Rivers a pioneer for all women... And a very sweet lady everytime she visited us on @TODAYshow. So sorry to see her go.#RIPJoanRivers

Joel McHale: We will miss you @Joan_Rivers. What you did in your life was absolutely remarkable. Your rep for kindness to everyone was completely true.

Arsenio Hall: It was Joan Rivers that put me on the TONIGHT SHOW first! And it was HER Apprentice victory, that motivated me to give it one hundred! #icon


Billy Eichner: Too much to say. A constant source of encouragement for me years before anyone else gave a damn. A full and fabulous life. Love you, Joan.




Paula Abdul: The world just got a little less funny. My sincerest condolences to the @Joan_Rivers family. #RIPJoanRivers.

Larry King: .@Joan_Rivers was a dear & wonderful friend who I've known for 45yrs. Great guest, pal, comedian & mother. We will never see her likes again.


Eva Longoria: So sad to hear we lost a great person today! #RIPJoanRivers http://www.whosay.com/l/FsV9a6h






Victoria Justice: I just heard the sad news... RIP Joan Rivers :( My sincerest condolences go out to her family.

Ivanka Trump: We will miss you Joan. You were a legend, a friend and part of our family. Thank you for the love and…


Ryan Seacrest: She was trailblazing. Hysterical. Thoughtful. We'll miss you immensely Joan.

Kendall Jenner: Rest In Peace to the amazing Joan Rivers. very very sad news

Mandy Moore: RIP, #JoanRivers…What a spirited force, trailblazer and beacon for all things funny. Such a loss.


Jenny McCarthy: RIP to the funniest, most hardworking lady in the biz. You will be missed @Joan_Rivers!


Chrissy Teigen: Sending love to @MelRivers and family. What a life and what a woman.

Bella Thorne: Condolences and love to the family of Joan Rivers and to her friends at Fashion Police. You will be missed.

Holly Madison: RIP Joan Rivers. I met her a few times - she was always very kind and vibrant.

Elizabeth Banks: I loved Joan Rivers. A trailblazing funny lady. Have fun up there. #RIPJoan


La Toya Jackson: Our heart and prayers goes out to Melissa and the entire family! May you RIP Joan Rivers!





Seth Meyers: RIP Joan Rivers. A force of nature.

Piers Morgan: Robin Williams & Joan Rivers dead in same few weeks. Arguably the funniest man & woman of my lifetime. Thank you both for all the laughs.


Naya Rivera: A life well lived. My heart goes out to Joan's family, friends, and co workers. Thank you for all the… http://instagram.com/p/siSP1SE183/

Andy Cohen: Heaven just got a whole lot funnier. #RIPJoan


Leah Remini: Rest In Peace Joan Rivers. thoughts and prayers to her family and those who knew her. She was one of a kind. She will be missed.





Terry Crews: So honored to have known her. Rest in Peace #JoanRivers http://www.whosay.com/l/qow9a73

Candace Cameron Bure: Saddened that Joan Rivers has passed. What a legacy she leaves. Praying for Melissa, Cooper & their family.


Sarah Hyland: Sad news @Joan_Rivers was one of the hardest working, funniest & sweetest women I've ever met. Twas a pleasure to have known you #JoanRanger




Bethenny Frankel: In shock hearing that joan rivers died. She felt like someone who was ageless and would live forever. I still don't really believe it.

Sharon Osbourne: My heart goes out to Melissa & her son Edgar Cooper. Love and respect from the Osbourne family to you both.


Shannen Doherty: tragic to lose such a funny,warm woman as Joan Rivers. My thoughts, prayers & love go out to her family and friends. You will be missed Joan.




Roseanne Barr: RIP GODDESS: Hail Hail, a GENIUS has vacated this realm: Joan Rivers has died.


R.I.P Joan Rivers


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts