Ryan Reynolds Quotes

1. Acting has given me a way to channel my angst. I feel like an overweight, pimply faced kid a lot of the time - and finding a way to access that insecurity, and put it toward something creative is incredibly rewarding. I feel very lucky.





2. Are you stalking me? Because that would be super.

3. Four months after we finished shooting, I'd been in New Orleans shooting another movie and my agent and I were having a bite to eat - actually in London - and he's sitting there and goes: "Wow, I just can't believe how ripped you are."


4. He has such a clear vision of exactly what he wanted out of each character, out of each set, out of each wardrobe change, out of each emotional beat, and action.



5. I come from a family of cops, and all of them share that understanding that they put their lives on the line. They share and deal with that sense of risk every day, so I got to see that up close.


6. I had to wear that suit, so I put in my required time in the gym. But I'm not one of those actors who romanticizes his trials working out and brags that he can bench press a panda now.


7. I believe in energy like dark energies. I believe that when a family moves into a house where six murders took place, there's going to be some bad juju in that house. But then again what the hell is wrong with you to be moving in that house to begin with?


8. I just love bikes. It's not the safest passion to have, but I guess it's better than Russian roulette.

9. I never took acting classes, but I knew I could do it based on the skill with which I lied to my parents on a regular basis!

10. I love doing six versions of any joke, so if they'll give me six takes, I'd love to do it.


11. I remember being upset because I was finally legal to drink in Canada, and I decided to throw that all away and move to America, where I had to wait another two years. I came here to do improv and to try to join the Groundlings.

12. If you're going to commit to that, you're going to have to find some way to make it bearable and enjoyable.


13. I remember that coming to America was scary for me because everything here is just bigger, better, shinier, you know?




14. It was comical because you're at a firing range, all these people are so seriously shooting their little guns.


15. My father was a police officer before he retired. One of my brothers is also a police officer, and I think they kind of expected I would do something along those lines, like become a fireman or something.

16. It's a nice visual. I had just done "Blade" and I put on more weight for "Blade" and I thought I might as well use it so I kept it and added a little more. I wanted him to be a big bear.


17. We might be too proud to admit it as guys, but we still need to learn how to manage responsibility, how to face our challenges.


18. When I exhale, I just turn right into Louie Anderson.


19. We started training a month before the movie started and then by five months in, we were at our peak shape.

20. When I meet thousands of fans of the comic - when I realize every one of them can recite the Lantern Corps oath ("In Brightest Day, in blackest night…") - I know how important this is to people.


21. (on kissing an old lady in "Van Wilder") On that note, that being said, it was damn hard kissing her. You've never experienced anything until you've had a mature, darting tongue in your mouth.

22. Religion poisons everything good in this world.

23. I get noticed depending on where I am. I have no problem wandering all around Spain. But the Germans - ah, the Germans - they are like: "Oh! Van Wilder's a party animal!"

24. I'm not a hockey fan, which is probably why I had to leave Canada in the first place.


25. It made me the party guy. I would walk into a bar and people would start lining up the shots. You could sum up my career at that point as a free shot at a bar. I know it affected me more than I'm revealing, because I know that I went years without even saying the words "Van Wilder." Even now, when I say it, it's a bit of a big moment for me.

26. (on filming "Buried") I'll never, ever in my life complain on a set again after being on that set. Sixteen, seventeen days of doing that… It was such a state of emotional distress.





27. My hobbies are…work. No, I'm kidding. But I do love to work and my hobby is also my career. Travel is a huge one, I like to take pictures.


28. Up until I was like, 18, I looked like a Vietnamese girl. I remember, it took me a while that you could actually talk to girls. I remember during elementary school, I used to accidentally fall on girls during volleyball practice. And just a few years later, that's illegal. That's straight up inappropriate.




29. All of the physical injuries are like souvenirs. But the emotional stuff is harder. When you're spending 17 straight days in a heightened state of anxiety and panic, it's not very good for your nervous system, so you walk away pretty jittery. I definitely struggled with a lot of insomnia when I was working on this film and that was something that was new to me.


30. I won't ask a woman if she's pregnant unless the baby is crowning. We've all seen that happen, where you say: "So, when are you due?" And there's just that blank stare.

31. I was so excited until I found out the scenes I have with her are when she's playing my mother. I was like: "Couldn't we have a hot romance instead?" It's so sad. I have to tell my friends that I'm getting to act with the old Julia Roberts.

32. It's the first set I've ever been on where people who weren't working on a particular day would just come by to watch and see what's happening. It was a pretty lively cast and for such a diverse group of people it was a surprisingly cordial and cohesive unit.


33. I've definitely done my share of debaucheries…and life threatening booze.

34. I just have like 30 guns on me at all times. My workout everyday was just kind of putting my wardrobe on, really.

35. (on his relationship with Alanis Morissette) Our relationship couldn't be better. There's no truth to the rumors we'd temporarily broken up.


36. (On getting into acting) I started when I was 13 years old. I did a really horrible soap opera called "Fifteen" for Nickelodeon that stoned college kids kept on the air for three years. And then the first movie I did was in Sri Lanka when I was 14. I spent three months there. I was there without my parents working on a movie in a country that was in the midst of a civil war. It was pretty wild.


37. I did two trips in 2006. I did one through New Zealand on a motorcycle, and I tried to cross Australia on a motorcycle from one end of the continent to the other. My friend and I did not make it, unfortunately - he crashed, and we had to find a hospital.


38. I used to backpack when I was younger. I think I can actually say that I can't do the hostel thing anymore - I'm a little too spoiled.




39. This is a huge budget movie so it was amazing to see just how he knew what he wanted. I mean, that's all you can ever ask for from a director.



What do you think of Ryan Reynolds quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts