Mama June Shannon Daughter Anna Cardwell Opens Up About Molestation

Anna Cardwell, the daughter of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" star "Mama" June Shannon, broke her silence and spoke out about the molestation she suffered at the hands of Shannon's former and reportedly current boyfriend Mark McDaniel.


Just in case you have missed it, TLC has canceled the popular TV show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" following the evidence that Shannon is dating again McDaniel, a registered sex offender who spent 10 years in prison for aggravated child molestation. It was previously reported that McDaniel had sexually abused a then-8-year-old relative of Shannon's. Cardwell, who is now 20, married and mother to a child of her own, reveals she was the victim.


Cardwell confessed to People that McDaniel "would try and touch me and all that stuff," and that Shannon didn't believe her allegations at the time. "A week or so after it happened, I talked to Mama and she was upset, crying and saying: "I don't believe you, I don't believe you, why would you do this to me?"" Anna recalls, noting: "And I was like: "Mama, he did that to me and I can't do anything about it. You were never there to see it, you were always at work.""

Cardwell left home to live with her grandmother, only coming back in 2012, briefly before "Honey Boo Boo" started. "Me and Mama realized we needed to put this behind us and get our relationship back on track and that's what we did and that's what we have been doing," she explained.

Cardwell is now worried about the possibility that Shannon is again in an affair with McDaniel. Shannon has dismissed the rumors of having any contact with him in ten years, but pictures have emerged showing them house hunting and in bed together. Shannon also reportedly bought McDaniel a vehicle. Cardwell admits she's conflicted over what to believe.

"I'm just confused," Anna told the outlet, pointing out: "I'm hearing one story from Mama and another one from someone else." Cardwell went on: "Mama said the story isn't true and she said she hasn't seen Mark since he's been out of jail. My whole body believes that she is telling the truth, but my mind is going back and forth from - you know, hey, she's telling the truth or she's not telling the truth, but most of me believes her."

Surprisingly, Cardwell claims it wouldn't be a betrayal if Shannon and McDaniel are dating again. She was quoted as saying: "I would feel hurt. I would not feel betrayed, but I would feel hurt. You know the past should be in the past and it should stay in the past and not come back out."



Cardwell clarifies she will not let McDaniel anywhere near her 2-year-old daughter. "I would not let her see Kaitlyn unless Mark is out of the picture or away because I don't want him nowhere near my child. Nowhere close to her," she revealed to People.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts