Nico Quotes

1. I would say the time has not yet come. I rebel against the present, whenever it is, because I have not seen any change, other than oppositions grow stronger. I would be a communist if it was more anarchist. Otherwise, I see only everything as an absurdity, so I can laugh and cry. I have lived in a continuation, from birth and growing towards death in a chain that cannot end. I don't see this decade then that decade. The same things happen in different guises. I am bohemian but at one time you would call me a hippie or a punk. I remain a bohemian whatever you call me. So maybe I am locked in the fifties. But I have never desired to grow up from my world as a child, which is when things are most clear and utopian. They are clear because you are at the center and you see all around you. When you get older you lose your sight...I lost something of my childishness when people around me start dying. Four of my family died within a year.  


2. Jim Morrison tells me that people are looking at the streets while I am looking at the moon. I do not feel connected enough (with the issues) to throw stones at a policeman. I want to throw stones at the whole world.


3. (her response when asked about her sense of rhythm in songwriting) I don't have a sense of time. Time is timeless to me, and I'm not in a hurry to get older. I mean, if I were worried about time, all the time, it would be terrible.


4. (describing her tumultuous experiences of 1967) You could say it like was like a fairy tale at the time; Andy (Warhol) would be the good fairy, and Jim (Morrison) would play the giant, Brian (Eno) would be the witch, Paul McCartney would be the frog who turns into a prince, no, it would have to be the other way round. Well, it didn't seem like a fairy tale at the time. It was a lot of hassle. But I learned a lot of things, and I began to compose my own songs. 



5. I have a habit of leaving places at the wrong time, just when something big may have happened for me.


6. (on her "soul brother" Jim Morrison) I think he was the first man I met who was not afraid of me in some way. We were very similar, like brother and sister. Our spirits are similar. We were the same height and the same age, almost…He was well read and he introduced me to William Blake and also the English Romantic poets who came after him. Jim liked Shelley. I preferred Coleridge. In fact, he is my favored poet of all time. Did you know they were all drug addicts? Coleridge was addicted to opium. It is better to be addicted to opium than to be addicted to money.

7. You speak very good English for an American.





8. I was not jealous of his intelligence - he is entirely superficial, which is why he never knows what to look like. Or what music to make. Or whether to be a boy or a girl.


What do you think of Nico's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts